RS Prop masters Right thigh top...Found?

I was doing research for my Sandtrooper and after staring at screenshots for weathering/assembly accuracy I noticed this on the RBC:

sandtrooper_hd_057.png

Check out that right thigh...

Now here is RS Propmasters suit thigh:

rspropsrtthigh.jpg

Hmmmm...we know the torso was a sandy, and at least one calf was a TK (glue residue from the Sniper knee). What are the odds that the Iconic Move Along Sandtrooper was the user of the right thigh? Pretty low I am sure but it does look darn close to me...

How could a sandie have glue residue from a TK sniper plate?? It was my understanding that the TDs were shot prior to any TKs.

The RS suit is built of parts from different suits. Some TK, some TD.

Yes the torso was a sandy torso as it had the sandy details, and no evidence of Tk details ever being on it.

The arms/legs except the left calf are from either TK or TD suits there is no way to tell.

The left calf is reasonably sure to be a TK calf as the sniper plate left glue residue that matches the TK Sniper not the TD sniper.

The belt can be seen in the Tantive boarding scene. Easy to pick out because of the wonky holster.

They had an almost complete Suit, its just made up of parts from different ones.

Edited by rhapsodyred99

:D ....This is me last year pointing out to Simon the mis-matched thighs in the behind the scenes picture in Tunisia of all the Sandys lined up in front of the Dewback.

ThighTops01_zps7bac138e.jpg

582053_10151031397369333_989303701_n.jpg

Tunisiamis-matchedthightops01_zps21aea5a6.jpg

I've spotted at least 3 mis-matched thigh tops on the Sandys so there is a very good chance that Si's could be one of them. There's also a theory that we've been throwing around with Mr.Muir (stand up and salute :salute: ) that parts of Si's suit could be from the early Elstree pulls and NOT from AA..... B)

:)

I know there was some discussion on the torso since it had odd placement of the bars for the loops and bar assembly, that it may have come from early Elstree before the vac table went kaplookie. It really is too bad that you cannot pin down things for sure since there are no makers marks.

I have stared at the picture there of the TDs forever as well and never picked up on the mis match. I just noticed it on the move along since I was staring at it trying to match weathering.

Funny how somethings can jump out at you when you least expect it....

• 4 months later...

I've always thought the RS was a combination of early elstree suits and the later AA produced parts.

it stands to reason when RS is compared to AA helmets.

that's the only explanation as to how this suit is so different in subtle ways.