How to get taller... lol

I'm right there with you...I'm about 5'6".

I bought lifts similar to these...these actually look better than the ones I bought.

-----

The lifts are good, but if you are in armor for a while (for hours) they start to hurt your heels.

Your boots will have a heel on them, then you have the lifts and the helmet will give you another inch or so.

Even with the lifts, I still hear "Aren't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper." Which doesn't bother me anymore. People say the lines that they know - like "Luke, I am your father!" or they will ask where random characters are... "Where's Yoda?" "Where's Han Solo?" .... some of that gets old really fast.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I'd suggest being happy with your body size and just ensuring that your costume looks proportional. A well done costume on someone 5'6" will be more convincing than a poorly done costume on someone 5'11". We have stormtroopers shorter than you and at least up to 6'6" IIRC. The key is to be proportionate - make the costume fit to your body.

I'd suggest being happy with your body size and just ensuring that your costume looks proportional. A well done costume on someone 5'6" will be more convincing than a poorly done costume on someone 5'11". We have stormtroopers shorter than you and at least up to 6'6" IIRC. The key is to be proportionate - make the costume fit to your body.

That one of my other concerns.. making the armor fit right. I know there's a handful of local 501st members near me. I'll have to bribe them with pizza and beer and have them come help me out :D

Oscar

I really hate this picture...poor lighting and it was the very first time I wore this suit (and still have the FX thighs)...

But this is what an ANH set looks like on me (I'm about 5'6).

2EkmAFR.jpg

Here's what FX looks like on someone 5'6" (me)... (note: the helmet is not FX).

fnmKTjc.jpg

Wish I had more pictures to show how big FX was on me.

ItsThatGuy said:

I really hate this picture...poor lighting and it was the very first time I wore this suit (and still have the FX thighs)...

But this is what an ANH set looks like on me (I'm about 5'6).

Here's what FX looks like on someone 5'6" (me)... (note: the helmet is not FX).

Wish I had more pictures to show how big FX was on me.

I think it looks alright. I was thinking of going with a FX armour and AP helmet. I've seen some comparison pics and I like the way the AP looks.

Thanks for posting those pics.

Oscar

I'm 5.6 and look cool. lol ;)

Just trim a bit out of the ab plate where your belt covers it. I cut about 2 inches so the ab buttons come down lower. Also cut the top of the cod part so it can sit higher.

Or.....stand in cow manure for a bit? Eat all your crusts. Finish all your dinner :)

5.6 is fine dude. It's cutting it, but it's fine

Had a question. I'm a tad short for a TK. I'm 5'6". And would like to add an inch or two.

How can I go about doing this? Are there inserts or thinker soled bots out there?

Thanks

Oscar

Hmmm,

I'm 5-6 and I look pretty darn good in my TE TK AND TD armor...

"Judge me by my size do you???" :angry:

T :salute:

• 1 month later...

[OT] OMG Ketariniii, the new gif of "umbrellasaurus" is AWESOME!!! Is that you? Pure genius! LOL [/OT]

I'm 5'7"/5'8" and I decided to go TM, since it has no trim lines I'll be easier to fit on my body. Plus is awesome :)