post-16038-0-86055600-1357417428.jpg

post-16038-0-77247000-1357417430.jpg

post-16038-0-08891700-1357417432.jpg

post-16038-0-44168900-1357417433.jpg

post-16038-0-16108700-1357417435.jpg

post-16038-0-43512800-1357417437.jpg

post-16038-0-19758200-1357417439.jpg

post-16038-0-26550400-1357417441.jpg

Looking good there, just a couple of things I would change. Your holster seems a bit too far back and the straps are attached too far up on the belt. Need a shot of the D ring on the back of blaster. Thighs could come up a bit more. Knee ammo belt needs to come down lower. Backs on the drop boxes could do to be changed, they need inner boxes not just flat pieces of abs (but I think this is only for Centurion) and should use elastic for the straps. Clips on the TD should be metal, no paint on them. Should use a split rivet not a snap on front of cod. Canvas belt looks to be a little wide. Could do with a few more detail pictures of the side rivets. Helmet is painted well but there are a couple of the black outer lines which are a bit too wide. Just my views so don't painic, wait and see what the DO says. Good luck on approval, a few tweaks and you should be there :duim:

Edited by gmrhodes13

Looking good there, just a couple of things I would change. Your holster seems a bit too far back and the straps are attached too far up on the belt. Need a shot of the D ring on the back of blaster. Thighs could come up a bit more. Knee ammo belt needs to come down lower. Backs on the drop boxes could do to be changed, they need inner boxes not just flat pieces of abs (but I think this is only for Centurion) and should use elastic for the straps. Clips on the TD should be metal, no paint on them. Should use a split rivet not a snap on front of cod. Canvas belt looks to be a little wide. Could do with a few more detail pictures of the side rivets. Helmet is painted well but there are a couple of the black outer lines which are a bit too wide. Just my views so don't painic, wait and see what the DO says. Good luck on approval, a few tweaks and you should be there :duim:

Glen, how do you mean the canvas is too wide? Too long maybe but not too wide hehe ;) I do agree it could be an inch or two shorter, there's a lot of extra on the side of the TD.

I don't think it's an EIB requirement but I do agree it would probably be better (for yourself) if the holster moves to the front a bit more, this for better accessibility of your blaster.

I would like to see a more close up picture of the thigh ammo belt but I think Glen is right about the height, it should come down just a little.

In addition to what glen said about the detonator, what's the white stuff on the other side? Velcro?

Glen is indeed right about the dropboxes but he's also right where he says it's a Centurion requirement really. I don't think it'll be a problem for your EIB (although I'm not the DO lol) but I do think you might want to order some backs/inserts for the dropboxes (there's a sale thread on these forums :) ).

Are the tube stripes on the helmet also handpainted (with an overlay) or decals? They seem to be on there like the idealized way, not like the handpainted way (of course, I could be wrong but I can't really tell). This doesn't matter for your EIB I believe but if you would like to go centurion next (you should! :D ), then you might want to take a look at them :)

Anyways, I think you're mostly there. Like Glen said, it's probably just a few minor tweaks before and you're there ;)

Edited by svache

Glen, how do you mean the canvas is too wide?

The height of the canvas belt, normally I see the canvas a little narrower than the plaster section, also it is too long, too much excess material hanging.

The height of the canvas belt, normally I see the canvas a little narrower than the plaster section, also it is too long, too much excess material hanging.

ah lol, so you did meant the width.. I thought you meant that excess material on the left side of the TD ;)

ah lol, so you did meant the width.. I thought you meant that excess material on the left side of the TD ;)

Well really that too, doesn't look nice ;)

It's interesting to see you two comment on issues that while true, are not required for EIB, but at the same time not comment at all on the oversized tube stripes.

It's interesting to see you two comment on issues that while true, are not required for EIB, but at the same time not comment at all on the oversized tube stripes.

Still on the long learing curve, sometimes the most obvious can be invisible to the untrained eye :huh:

Edited by gmrhodes13

Still on the long learing curve, sometimes the most obvious can be invisible to the untrained eye :huh:

What he said :D

Plus I did say something about the tubes because they didn't seem right to me -_- and yes, this doesn't sound believable at all, I know :P

Gonzalo: You're looking good. Nice job on your armor. I wouldn't mind seeing a closeup of your boots if possible.

Glen: I suggest slowing your critique roll a bit these days. There are a ton of very experienced TKs on here that don't have as much to say, much less so quickly. Please also try to stick to the CRL at hand when pouring over someone's armor... Or if you must critique it all maybe split your comments up into EIB and centurion sections.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glen: I suggest slowing your critique roll a bit these days.

-Eric

Understood

Hear__See__and_Speak_no_Evil_by_sarahprincess.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

Hi all, I´ll post a couple of pictures of my boots as soon as I can, they are normal horse riding boots dyed at home, not TK boots.

Regarding the tube stripes yes, they are not painted, they are decals I bought from Trooperbay.

I´ll also take a picture of the D-ring of the blaster and regarding the other recommendations you guys post I´ll try to fix them next week.

Thanks for all your comments.

Hi all, I´ll post a couple of pictures of my boots as soon as I can, they are normal horse riding boots dyed at home, not TK boots.

Regarding the tube stripes yes, they are not painted, they are decals I bought from Trooperbay.

I´ll also take a picture of the D-ring of the blaster and regarding the other recommendations you guys post I´ll try to fix them next week.

Thanks for all your comments.

That's interesting. Do you remember which decals you bought? Trooperbay has several kinds and not all are made to fit the same helmet.

These are the kind you would want to use: http://trooperbay.com/hand-painted-look-tube-stripes/

I don´t remember , cause I bought them nearly one year ago. Anyway if you think they are too big for my ATA helmet I´ll change them for the ones you have posted.

Hi Gonzalo, it would appear that Locitus, the detachment officer, responsible for clearing your request, has already indicated that the tube stripes used on your helmet are out of proportion and thus a bit too large for your helmet.

As you already have a smaller set,

And a better set that emulates hand painted there,

I would say that you are required to change them, but only if you would like your clearance request to be accepted.

Regards.

Edited by FunkyTrigger

Seems to me the ones in your picture (the ones not attached yet) are the correct ones to use. I'm sure it will look good when you attach them (just to be on the safe side, don't forget to use about a pencil width of space between the top part of the blue strips and helmet (there were the tube ends) :)