ANH ATA Build (first test fit)

Here is my first test fit of my build. Only thing I am missing is the thermal det pack and putting my holster onto the belt.

I know it's not perfect so please let me know if there is any things I can tweak to make it better.

I know I'm having an issue with my left thigh, it seems to want to twist medially. I also need to add some elastic to the forearms and biceps to keep the forearms from sliding down. My chest plate also has a tendency to want to pop up over the abd armor, so I may need to add a piece of velcro to keep it from doing that.

suitup_v11_zps58931691.jpg

suitup_v12_zps54618ae2.jpg

suitup_v13_zps3b63cb99.jpg

suitup_v14_zpsa747e15c.jpg

suitup_v15_zpsbc9c6dda.jpg

suitup_v16_zpse906ec75.jpg

suitup_v17_zps8d134899.jpg

suitup_v18_zps1e1b0d6c.jpg

Looking good, just a bit of work with your thights and arms, bells should be closter at the top and need to rotate more to the front. Keep up the good work

From the side it looks like the forearms are oversized compared to you're arm. Not sure if this is an illusion when viewing on my phone. If it is not then you may consider a bit of sizing there.

As mentioned the shoulder bells need to be shortened to almost touching ands rotate them forward. I did this by moving the bell snap on the bridge connectors forward and then also attached the snap in the shoulder bell itself slightly forward of center. Try this extra step only if they still over rotate.

From the side it looks like the forearms are oversized compared to you're arm. Not sure if this is an illusion when viewing on my phone. If it is not then you may consider a bit of sizing there.

I had the same idea about this, it seems as if there's a bit more that could be trimmed off.

Seems to be a common thing with ATA with large forearms, mainly the right one. I found my left had an oval shape where the right was round, I heated the sides and applied pressure and managed to get the oval shape same as my left, this reduced the oversized look, may be worth a try. Forearms, biceps and bells are picked on alot, a few mods and amazing what the difference can make.

Looking good, looks like people already pointed out things I would have said. I also have an ATA kit and being on the taller side 6'2" I had the same issue you have with the chest plate wanting to pop up over my AB plate. What I did was play around with how high my chest plate was. I found that I had room to lengthen the strap that connected to the back plate which allowed the chest to sit lower and solved the problem. Play around with the strap length to see if that helps. :)

As mentioned the shoulder bells need to be shortened to almost touching ands rotate them forward. I did this by moving the bell snap on the bridge connectors forward and then also attached the snap in the shoulder bell itself slightly forward of center. Try this extra step only if they still over rotate.

The forearms are slightly wide, in particular the right one, which someone else mentioned. They also arent snapped to the biceps, which i had planned on doing. So gravity was pulling them down lower on the forearm. There is an armor party coming up so i can work on some of the tweaks there.

Looking good, looks like people already pointed out things I would have said. I also have an ATA kit and being on the taller side 6'2" I had the same issue you have with the chest plate wanting to pop up over my AB plate. What I did was play around with how high my chest plate was. I found that I had room to lengthen the strap that connected to the back plate which allowed the chest to sit lower and solved the problem. Play around with the strap length to see if that helps. :)

Strangely enough I tried increasing the length of the strap over the shoulder and that just ended up making it worse. It almost caused the chest plate to push up more, as if the increased length was causing it to pop up and out more rather then hang further down. I will play around with it some more.

• 2 weeks later...

These are my final pics, the ones I sent in for submission. I am happy to announce that I got approved! I am still working on a few minor tweaks I want to make. I think by adding a piece of foam inside the left thigh that it will help keep it straight and look better. I am still experimenting on ways to help keep my chest plate in the proper spot. Right now I'm using some elastic attached to the abdomen to keep it in place. Thanks for all the suggestions and help, they were greatly appreciated in getting me to this point.

suitup_final1_zps519cf655.jpg

suitup_final4_zps9225f9d5.jpg

suitup_final8_zpseb239143.jpg

Just a couple of things, would try to bring your thighs up just a little more so you have a gap between them and the shins. Also your forearms seems a little big. Last one the drop box on your right side seems to be further back, may just be a photo ilusion. Nice work a bit of adjusting and you are there :duim:

The drop box is just because the belt wasnt centered exactly on the body. It is about an inch off center it seems, toward the right side. The drop boxes are in the same location on the belt, i measured before i riveted them in place.

As for the thigh, i have tried everything i can to get those things higher up and it just isnt happening due to the size of my thighs. I am going to switch from having elastic holding them up to nylon. Hopefully that will keep them in place.

The right forearm is a bit large. I have heard that is a common with the ATA kit. I may order a new one so i can try making it smaller. I dont want to tear up the one i have now trying to do it.

The right forearm is a bit large. I have heard that is a common with the ATA kit. I may order a new one so i can try making it smaller. I dont want to tear up the one i have now trying to do it.

Or try some heat, works well to make the shape more oval like the left side. I just heated the sides then applied some pressure until they where oval. Allways test heating on scrap ABS first as it is stricky the first time you try.

Consider putting some snaps on your belt to keep it central to you ab plate, helps to keep it up too.

Going great can't wait to see you approved :duim:

Just a couple of things, would try to bring your thighs up just a little more so you have a gap between them and the shins. Also your forearms seems a little big. Last one the drop box on your right side seems to be further back, may just be a photo ilusion. Nice work a bit of adjusting and you are there :duim:

Thighs and shins look good to me! less of the black undersuit seen the better!

Thighs and shins look good to me! less of the black undersuit seen the better!

With the belt pulled up to the right position there will be a big black gap at the top of the thighs

Edited by gmrhodes13