caboots sizes and hovi tips

hello all

i need to buy a pair of boots for my armor and i have heard that Caboots sizes are different than sizes here in the US....... i wear a size 10.5 in US what would the equivalent size in caboots..... ALSO i have a pair HOVI MIC tips with speaker and i need to know if the letter need to be up down left or right.....or if it matters

Thanks

For the boots, I also wear a size 10.5, and I bought a 12. I added a plain insert, and a gel insert, and they work great. I could have gone a smaller size, but with the inserts, they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I plan to get a second set for my TD, and I will go with 11.5.

As for the tips, I have not seen any reference as to which way they should go. I am not sure you could even get a screen capture that would show, and if you did, they would all be different.

Someone else may want to chime in if they have more knowledge, but I cannot see who it would matter.

thanks guys, is there any difference other than the price to the ones on ebay? there is a note saying there might be cosmetic blemishes on the ebay site, but ther isnt a note on the caboots site........ is it worth the extra $20..... am i buying defects on ebay?????

thanks guys, is there any difference other than the price to the ones on ebay? there is a note saying there might be cosmetic blemishes on the ebay site, but ther isnt a note on the caboots site........ is it worth the extra $20..... am i buying defects on ebay?????

I took a chance and bought the boots off eBay. I haven't seen any blemishes in them. I could post pics if you want so you can see what I got but of course, that still won't guarantee you'll get a scuffed-free pair. You know they will get scuffed trooping in them but you want the first photo to be pristine.

As for the size, I bought what I normally wear (10 US) and they fit fine with a little room to move. I've worn them in costume for a few hours at a shot now and haven't noticed my feet hurting. Gel inserts are probably a good idea though.

• 3 weeks later...

My advice is just send an email to CaBoots about your foot size. They seem very responsive to questions and they make custom boots to order. I would think a shoe company could provide you with the proper shoe size based on your european measurments. Let us know what they say. You can, for a fee, send your foot tracing and they will make the boots from that, but I would only recommend that for people with really hard to fit feet since its very expensive.

got my boots!!! they are awesome and they smell horrible!!! Thanks guys for all your help

Oh, yea. Forgot to mention the smell. It will eventually go away. Or maybe it just burns your olfactory senses to the point they no longer work.

well i have been putting unused dryer sheets inside (2 in each shoe) and it is helping, not nearly as bad as when i first opened the box. For 2 days after i opened the box i had a horrible headache. even worse than that, was i put them i my star wars room around that night, and 5 hours later i took them out and it still smell after weeks, only in there for 5 hours!!!