The 2013 Challenge!

LadyInWhite

No not even close to out of ideas. I have some pretty big wants and desires. But what I don't believe in is New Years resolutions/promises. And all too often most who make them have an amazing pile of excuses as to why they don't follow through. I'm too lazy for that. So I just except who I am and don't bother

I tend I let things flow with this hobby. If the idea, time and money lineup I'll proceed. If not, no big whoop.

Aloha eh!

Clamps.. you should do what a friend of mine is doing.. his resolutions were stuff like sleeping in, doing nothing, gaining weight, etc etc... he said, if I will fail my resolutions, at least it will be a positive thing :D

As for me, my New Year's resolution is usually having no resolutions, so far I'm pretty good at it :D

It's less about "resolutions" and whether or not they're made in the first of the year or the middle. It's more about some goals to set, writing those goals down, and following through. I don't make New Year Resolutions either. I am busy making goals and working toward them pretty much 24/7. (That's part of the problem with being ADHD haha. Always something going on.) My costume list? In my head it's all do-able. Notice none of them are really about habits. I would like to lose 25lbs. to fit into my Mara Jade jumpsuit (well, actually I'd have to tailor it) but I know I'll never ever wear that thing again now that I have an approved TK... though not having GIRL HIPS is a good goal for the TK... but it requires changes in habits and work and ... I am starting to like this idea of sleeping in as a goal... is that a butterfly? SQUIRREL!

If it takes 21 days to break or form a habit (breaking a habit is forming a new habit) then I need only spend 21 days setting aside 30 minutes to work on a costume a day... or something like that. Hey, nothing bad happens if I don't have a trooping Husband.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so the question is.... whom will i pester for an update for the February NL?

Hmm?

Anyone making awesome progress out there? Or need a little encouragement?

Hmm a bit late to this but I have a few.

1) Build first TK (TM/C)

2) E11 Blastercore PVC Build

3) EIB status for TK

4) Lose 24 lbs / get to 170

1,2,3) Buying lots of stuff and a ton of forum reading. This community has a wealth of information so I have been sorting through and bookmarking posts for when my armor gets here.

4) 10.6 lbs down in january

Okay so the question is.... whom will i pester for an update for the February NL?

Hmm?

Anyone making awesome progress out there? Or need a little encouragement?

Thanks for checking in with us!

My imperial officer is coming along. I just need my boots (ordered yesterday) and the correct rank badge. Then I will be ready to go!

KOfficer.jpg

Thanks for checking in with us!

My imperial officer is coming along. I just need my boots (ordered yesterday) and the correct rank badge. Then I will be ready to go!

KOfficer.jpg

Hi Keith! Yer looking smashing and so official in your uniform. I'm going a bit off topic - what officer boots did you order? I have a GOAL [back on topic! :) ] of getting my hubby an Imperial Officer, too. BTW, my garrison buddies sell the rank badges. [bADGES? WE DONT NEED NO STINKING BADGES.] http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1787-plexiglass-rank-tiles-andor-complete-rank-bars/page__fromsearch__1

My progress so far:

1. Got the treadmill and helped hubby assemble it by drinking a beer and holding stuff while he did all the work. [ A lite beer, btw]

2. "Borrowed" a surge protector from work for the treadmill. [That's an indefinate borrow.]

3. Submitted hubbies application to the academy (this year) to the 501st and my garrison for his TK. I picked numbers for him too. Yes, I will also sign him up for troops and dress him. Haaa haaa....

Lady Ingrid ~ you are doing a fine job and I know you will accompish all your goals! YOU ROCK!!! :salute:

Keep up the good work everybody!

Hi Keith! Yer looking smashing and so official in your uniform. I'm going a bit off topic - what officer boots did you order? I have a GOAL [back on topic! :) ] of getting my hubby an Imperial Officer, too. BTW, my garrison buddies sell the rank badges. [bADGES? WE DONT NEED NO STINKING BADGES.] http://www.imperialo...__fromsearch__1

Thanks for the rank badges link! For my boots, I went with the Derby/Cottage PVC boots. I may buy some leather ones later on, but I've spent a lot on costumes recently and owe my wife another band on her wedding ring before I spend too much money.

http://www.horseloverz.com/Tall-Boots/278030-DerbyCottage-Mens-Boot.html

$63! Best price I've seen yet for those kind of riding boots, maybe because they're PVC but that's fine by me. UPGRADE ALERT!

Just an update on my list: the Navy Trooper will soon be in the bag. With some black slacks of the right fabric, the Navy NCO will make #4 for the all-black lady in white.

I was supposed to end my employment last month but have until Feb. 15 so I can't work on stuff like I wanted to, but it will all soon be about working on things and not buying things.

I spent most of the month tightening up my TK for Centurion. But, I have made a master list of materials I need to do my Vader. I signed up on the Sith Detachment and have been trolling around FS threads for the beginning pieces. Still on track for a Dec. approval! I did get a good lead at the Garrison Party though. Fingers crossed :)