Best Wireless Mic / Static Burst Combo

It's time for me to put up or shut up. So I am looking to those of you with more experience than I, to help me out with my quest to acquire the best possible system. I am looking for a wireless mic and static burst system. A combo I assume is likely. What are the best components that go together the best? Finally, where can I buy it (them)?

Thanks,

Rob

TK5621

Why do you want/need a wireless mic?

Personally I use a rom FX (with 12v) and one of these:

----------

Simple

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

I like the Memorex wireless system, iComm static burst module and the 12w Aker amp (although the 10w is plenty). both available through TK products' Jim Sauter here on the boards.

I got the memorex for like $19 on ebay, the Aker on eBay for somewhere around $40 (for the 10w or $50 for the 12w) and the iComm is around $100 from Jim directly by responding to the pinned thread in the For Sale section here.

I've had mixed results with the combo but overall it works great!

Here are all of the components:

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I use the above system but with the PTT option, and the non PTT version also works if you measure your sentance structure.

with the push to talk, it's really nice to be able to make noise without it going out though the speakers.

with the PTT system placed inside your glove with some insulation over the switch ( a small balloon )

I tape the PTT to my finger tip inside my glove.

can be a little twitchy with just the vox setup. and volume setting is important for balance.

works really really well!

the wireless system is really bulky with the transmitter and receiver system components

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question on the Aker amp. A lttle off topic but I did not want to start a new thread just for this question.

I am recharging mine for the first time. I've got it plugged up and the light is flashing from red to green, from red to green. Does this mean it's low, or does this mean yes it's charging, or does this mean it does not need charging? Will it eventually only flash green when it's fully charged?

Sorry for the dumb question.

I have a question on the Aker amp. A lttle off topic but I did not want to start a new thread just for this question.

I am recharging mine for the first time. I've got it plugged up and the light is flashing from red to green, from red to green. Does this mean it's low, or does this mean yes it's charging, or does this mean it does not need charging? Will it eventually only flash green when it's fully charged?

Sorry for the dumb question.

Red/green flashing means it is charging.

Solid green means it is fully charged.

It is detailed in the instructions.