Can someone tell me if this is worth it?

Mr.Sandman

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130791375267?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D130791375267%26_rdc%3D1

I believe that is an FX bucket. Personally, I'd say look into vetted makers here for a more accurate helmet. The FX buckets have either already been removed from the approvable list or have been extensively discussed as getting removed from "acceptable." If someone has a picture they can post side-by-side of a finished FX and one of the more accurate buckets, you'll see a huge difference.

http://www.ebay.com/...91375267&_rdc=1

I believe that is an FX bucket. Personally, I'd say look into vetted makers here for a more accurate helmet. The FX buckets have either already been removed from the approvable list or have been extensively discussed as getting removed from "acceptable." If someone has a picture they can post side-by-side of a finished FX and one of the more accurate buckets, you'll see a huge difference.

Thank you

Bob, as a rule of thumb stay away from E-Bay, unless you know the seller. I seen that you had recently introduced yourself on the Wisconsin Garrison forums, again welcome to the Garrison. As stated above go with one of the vetted crafters and you will not go wrong. Don't throw your money away on E-Bay armor to find out that it's not 501st. quality and will either have to spend money again on a new suit of armor or spend money and a lot of time trying to mod that armor up to standards. When the snow starts to fly here in Wisconsin our troops slow down but our armor parties shouled be picking up all of us will be more then happy to get you into that armor. :)

Lol this is mine :P..... I sell everything on ebay as well as the legion boards. I picked this up for a friend and was going to build it for him but he decide to go another route. I already have a AP helmet so I am in no need for this at the moment.

This is an FX/AM helmet that I bought off the 501st legion boards but it didnt come with lens but I have a few flat lens that I made so I state they are not great but can throw them in :/

Aslo as an FYI the legion still states:

• Note: The FX helmet is considered deprecated (to be avoided), though is acceptable for Legion requirements.
  • Note: A stock (out of the box) MRCE and/or EFX PCR helmet does not meet the basic 501st requirements without the major modification that are necessary. Please visit FISD/whitearmor.net for more info on these modifications.

This can be used to get your foot in the door and just upgrade at your convience like I did. There is a lot of stuff for sell on the legion boards as well so I used my FX/AM to get in and waited for a deal and got a B grade AP which I fekt was the most economical way to do this :P

Edited by Striker

keep in mind the vote already went through to grandfather the FX

So if your kit isn't finished by the next CRL update, it will need replacing

As an owner of an Ebay FX kit, I can tell you that they are bantha poodoo

Someone asked for A/B photos?

How about these

My kit upon assembly

271977_170384559693674_301891_o.jpg

12 months and a bunch of replacement parts later

334519_384256361639825_1047819387_o.jpg

So yeah, you can make them look good (lol I'm so sexy I could make a potato sack look good if I was wearing it)

But just in case you don't feel like having to buy new bits and mod the hell out of your suit, I'd avoid these, because they are craptacular

No matter what any of the older guys who love FX kits say

The fact remains

Small children will laugh at your stupid giant head if you wear FX

As an added FYI, Yeah ebay does have a lot of recasters and should be avoided unless there is a trusted seller. I am a very trusted seller but I sell my items 10x more on EBay than these forums. If someone wants something they just PM me :P. However there is some trusted people on there, just gopt to know them.

As the the picture above, yes that looks bad and is a bad RECAST of the FX coming from UK. The helmet I am selling is not this. My helmet if the one you get with the Full AM kit.

So you can decide for yourself but just know that this is from a maker on this list of trusted makers, I am voicing that I am that seller lol, and if you ask around my stuff is what I sell if all described as it is. Also note that I didnt have anywhere on there noting the 501st on it like most scamming recasters do lol. If you notice the kit on the blasters also in my ebay list have my TK number in the description to make it easier for people to PM me :P and I also have the Electrobinoulars listed as well since I produce a few at a time but if you buy them on ebay or here they are the same ;p

Hi Striker,

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I was informed that the helmet supplied with a full AM kit is the same as the FX helmet.

Therefore the AM helmet is oversized and the one that the 501st are trying to depreciate.

I do not think that the UKG GML will clear an FX or AM helmet

You are correct about it being oversized. The AM is the FX with a reshaped dome I believe so it is a different. The Fx dome might have been flat ;p. Some people actually like the oversize feel. I like the size but like the look of my AP better lol.

I would ask your GML before purchasing to insure this will be acceptable for you garrison

The AM helmet has the same really inaccurtate face, it's just the dome is rounded and the FX dome is flat.

Avoid both, there are a lot of way more accurate ones available.