Smitty's TE2 Helmet

Something has been bugging me about this helmet ever since I finished it but I couldnt put my finger on it. It was the tube stripes. They we're too big. I remember Scott sending me a message saying he thought they might be too big, but they looked fine to me at the time. So in prep for my troop tomorrow I removed the tube stripes and Novus'd the whole helmet. Here is a pic of how it looks right now. I'm off to look at pics to make sure I do it right and put on some of Scott's most excellent blue stripes of the correct size. If anybody needs some black ones for TX I have several, free to a good home.

DSC03847.JPG

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

that's WAY cool. i love helmet/armor build threads. just love them to little tiny plastic pieces...

BTW, is it a preference thing to fill/smooth the bumps on the bumpy cap? or is that the cool thing to do? LOL ;)

i know the filling of the gaps on the ears is a preference thing, but i don't know about the bumpy cap thing... if it were up to me (which it's not... ;) ), i would keep all the bumps and gaps.

so was it a preference thing, smitty?

that's WAY cool. i love helmet/armor build threads. just love them to little tiny plastic pieces...

BTW, is it a preference thing to fill/smooth the bumps on the bumpy cap? or is that the cool thing to do? LOL ;)

i know the filling of the gaps on the ears is a preference thing, but i don't know about the bumpy cap thing... if it were up to me (which it's not... ;) ), i would keep all the bumps and gaps.

so was it a preference thing, smitty?

Sorry it took so long to respond to this but I have been in a 4 day weekend of debauchery in Atlanta. I prefer the bumpy cap over a smoothe one. As a matter of fact, when I bondo'd the forehead chips I did a shallow fill so that even tho its glossy you can still identify the chips if you are looking for them.

Yes, I can attest to the fact that Smitty was at DragonCon all this time...

Seems that I received a cellular phone message AND a photo of a trooper (sans his TE2 bucket) partaking of a cool beverage. It appears that a fellow Pacific Outpost member also at DC deemed it appropriate to give his amigo a call and share the fun.

Hope you had a grand time bro!

Aloha,

T :salute:

Mucho thanks to the garrisonmate that made that 501st Mixer shout out possible!

The TE2 without a doubt was one of the best looking buckets at the Con. Only one rivaled it and it was an AP hero helmet. I snagged the guy as he was going into the Hilton and dissected his armor with a 360 degree inspection. The guy was maybe 2 steps away from an Elite and was not a member of the FISD, I was astounded. Great work unnamed trooper!

About that soldier you saw without his Imperial TE2 bucket:

I wore my beret to the Mixer so I didnt have to drink beer thru a straw.

2818545088_fdbd463e03.jpg