Hybrid ANH TK

I've been pretty busy lately working on a few projects including this one, so I have'nt had too much time to post lately.

Still need some finishing touches, but I figured since I had these photos taken the other night after a local troop, I

might as well start posting some images. Unfortunately there are'nt any full body photos at the moment, but after

I finish adding the weathering, and a few rivets here and there, I'll post some more photos.

greenscreen00311ce5.jpg

greenscreen00355iv1.jpg

shldrbelldj1.jpg

There were a few pieces where I used a heat gun to shape some of the armor, one of them being the shoulders.

You can sorta tell where I've shaped them a little closer to some on screen TKs. Other pieces I used a heat gun

on were the chest armor near the kidneys, and shoulder, back plate armor near the shoulders, and the thigh armor

after it was assembled, to make sure that my legs would fit comfortably.

I also just noticed where my under suit appears to make the edge of my chest armor uneven. It's just the under suit,

and not my inability to cut evenly. I also need to add a strap to keep the chest and back armor closer together, as well

as a couple straps to keep my thigh armor positioned correctly.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with the results so far, considering this is a fan sculpt set of armor and a highly controversial helmet, I think it does a damn good job of looking fairly accurate. I know there are some here who might nit pick at a few details, but hey that's life aint it. I think after several years of research and kit building, I've finally pieced together a set of TK armor that I'm content with. Of course if I had a few grand layin around, I might be tempted to invest in some GINO gear, but then if I did that, I probably could'nt bring myself to wear it, much less troop in it. As crazy as it sounds, I have no problem getting some use out of my arguably expensive SDS helmet. I know there's no way in hell I'll be able to sell it for what I paid, and to tell you the truth I would'nt want to even if I could. Thats suckers mine, and I'll have no problem tampering with it, which I will inevitably do. For starters I plan on repainting the chin area, and possibly taking the stickers off to paint those. I was lucky enough to have been sent a helmet without any black bars on the ear caps, which will enable me to easily put my own variation, taken from a screen shot of course. I'm eventually going to be reinforcing the inside of the helmet too, even though it's sturdy enough IMO, I'd still like to make it that much more so. The blaster in that first photo is actually not mine, and was handed to me to use for that particular photo. It's an Itchy Nuts Design which is actually a really nice blaster, although to me the scope rail does seem to be a little high. As far as the hand armor, I'm really glad I was lucky enough to pick up a kit with the more rare style TM hand armor. I'll probably end up taking a heat gun to those suckers too, just to make them a tad bit more form fitting for my hands.

Can't remember who originally posted it, but here's a screen shot of the same style hand plates.

handplatesjz0.jpg

• 2 months later...

This combination looks absolutely fantastic, congrats.

Can you share where can I get in touch with the TM armor seller, so far I know its in the UK. But not sure, please advise and thx.

Can you reply to my e-mail: dan_casmed@yahoo.com.mx

This combination looks absolutely fantastic, congrats.

Can you share where can I get in touch with the TM armor seller, so far I know its in the UK. But not sure, please advise and thx.

Can you reply to my e-mail: dan_casmed@yahoo.com.mx

Trooper master is a member of this forum i am sure he will contact you.... But from what i understand there is a waiting list.

I have to say i love your suit! B.R one of these days i am going to get me a set of TM armor.... if the boba fett bug dose not get to me first lol.

Trooper master is a member of this forum i am sure he will contact you.... But from what i understand there is a waiting list.

I have to say i love your suit! B.R one of these days i am going to get me a set of TM armor.... if the boba fett bug dose not get to me first lol.

I CAN WAIT NO PROBLEM AND THX FOR POSTING.

I'm on the Troopermaster waiting list, and after seeing these pics ... my patience is definitely running out!

IT'S AWESOME! I really dig this combination and the little heatgun-tweaks you did, nice job!!!!! I'll surely do them on mine!

...drooling....

wish my armor looked THAT good..

im as green as kermit the frog with jealousy!!! (good looking armor)

I took measurements while at the archives as well as pictures of parts. Dont worry.. the new armor is being done, just not by me anymore.. It is coming. Same color as the originals, same gauge and also materials as every original part was made. (it is NOT all ABS for the original suits)

So stay tuned... it is coming.. SLOWLY\

T*E

Thanks for the complements guys.

I know what you mean. I actually considered selling off all my armor kits to go towards paying for a nice Fett setup. Even if I sold off my TM, TE, and GF armor, I'd still be short on funds. The main reason I have'nt gone into the Fett realm yet is because it's so damn expensive. One day..

IT'S AWESOME! I really dig this combination and the little heatgun-tweaks you did, nice job!!!!! I'll surely do them on mine!

Make sure you really take your time when heating these parts up. Getting these parts to the right temperature without going overboard is key. You don't want to hold the heat gun too close to the armor. You want to put at least 8"-12" distance from the heat gun and armor to avoid damaging the armor. At the same time even with adequate distance, you can still warp your armor if you keep the heat gun pointed in one area. You'll want to run the heat gun back and forth over an area for at least 5 mins before it will start to get close to the right temperature. This is not necessarily being directed to you, but to anyone who is considering trying to shape their armor for the first time.

Btw if anyone is interested, I posted some photoshop'd images of this armor in my gallery section. Check it yo.