Geronika's ATA build

geronika

Here's where I'm at so far. Asking for any and all help. I still have to add the sniper plate, thigh piece, belt and accessories. I have a gap in the sides to fill. My biggest problem is the chest piece won't stay overlapping the abs. Dang, that armor really makes me look fat.post-16392-0-21341700-1349355744.jpg

A good way to keep that chest overlapping w/ your ab is to use a strap or snap of some sort. I personally have a couple of snaps and 1 of those clips like you see on a bicycle helmet.Keep up the good work trooper!

You could probably get away with increasing the distance between the shoulders of your chest and back plates - allowing the chest to drop a little. I have longer snap straps with several snaps on them so I can adjust the fit when needed(lunch).

It will be agreed to get that chest down a little. The straps even if it is one in the center, is the perfect solution to keeping the chest from riding up on the ab. One more thing.....the tube stripes on the cheeks look a little wide a far spaced to me. Maybe it's just me. Are those decals or hand painted?

Looks really nice all together!!!!

Hey Dennis!

Lookin' good so far Trooper. I agree that strapping will help with the chest plate, and a thigh garter system will keep

them from getting all twisted. You'll want to add the 1 inch black elastic straps to the inner shoulder bells, to keep

them fitting over the biceps. Also, might need to add straps between the shoulder bells and biceps to keep that all

lined up. Straps were my least favorite part of my armor build, but once I got them right, it made a huge difference in

comfort and fit. Keep up the good work! Jenny

All are great ideas for the chest plate, I personally 2 nylon staps, velcoed on each side of the chest plate to the ab plate.

Looks great Trooper!!

It will be agreed to get that chest down a little. The straps even if it is one in the center, is the perfect solution to keeping the chest from riding up on the ab. One more thing.....the tube stripes on the cheeks look a little wide a far spaced to me. Maybe it's just me. Are those decals or hand painted?

Looks really nice all together!!!!

I used the hand painted templates found here. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14867

Thanks for the help everyone, I shortened my chest to abs straps and it's working out much better.

Okay here's an update and my current problem. My sniper plate catches the thigh when I walk. You can see it the picture that it has already worked it's way under the thigh. The right shin just twisted when I put it on, no real problems there.

I wonder if I can shorten the tops of my thighs so they will pull up higher. As they are now they pinch the backs of my legs like a lobster. But they're pretty snug and I can't hardly pull them up any higher. Consequently I can barely walk.

The other problem is I can't lift my arms up high enough to put my helmet on without something (usually a shoulder strap) popping loose. I'm also concerned about the battery? pack around the right thigh, it seems like it's not centered. Would moving my bicep plates up another inch help?

Thanks everyone.

IMG_8616.jpg

I can't speak from experience (my ata kit will be shipped next week, yay) but I've read that you can put a small strip of foam padding along the back of the thigh piece to help keep the front closer to your leg and behind the sniper plate. It may or may not work for you, but it sounded like a good idea to me.

Hi Geronika,

If you would like help, lets start with you posting your dimensions.

Height would help in this case.

It is true that with foam experiments, you can do some test trials!

Grab some old packing foam and scissors and kit up!

Place some foam into the top front of your left shin to push your sniper plate forward.

Wedge some foam into the back of your left thigh, to pull the front of your thigh back closer to your knee.

This is how you play with your foam packers.

Edited by FunkyTrigger

However, your sniper plate seems to be higher than the bottom of the thigh.

Pencil mark the overlap on your thigh.

Is is 10mm or 15mm?

I can see from your picture that your left thigh is lower than your right thigh.

Can you pull it up yo clear your sniper plate?

You can safely remove 10-15mm from the bottom of your shins to lower them over your boot.

You can leave the sides long to give the illusion of longer shins

You can remove 10-15mm from the front and rear of your shins only and try that.

Remember to measure carefully.

You can't add plastic back.

Good luck trooper. ;)

I used the hand painted templates found here. http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=14867

Thanks for the help everyone, I shortened my chest to abs straps and it's working out much better.

I think you printed those too large. They are obviously too big on your helmet.