Q about snaps?

You can use any snap you want. I use Anorak jean snaps. They're a bit smaller, but the male butt is flat so it's easy to flush against the plastic or webbing for snap plates. People told me they won't be strong enough but I so far they are stronger than the e6000 that holds them in place ;)

You can get these, heavy duty snaps or other styles, as well as webbing, at most fabric stores (JoAnn), craft stores, and most hardware stores I think.

Dritz is the way I went and they worked fine, a downside is that it's difficult to use pop rivets to secure them (such as on your belt or directly on the armor) as the opening is a bit too large for the rivet. Another downside is the price at 7.99 + for 7 sets it is a bit much. You can buy the other kind by the 100 on ebay or from Tandy. In retrospect, I wish I'd done that because I spent a fortune as you'll need about 60 or so to complete your armor.

As far as the nylon webbing, ask someone there to direct you. I couldn't find it either and it ends up its not near the elastic. Good luck!

I thought he meant that he was using the webbing for the snap plates. Yes, Mathias is right, use only elastic for the connections between pieces but personally I preferred using webbing snap plates instead of the ABS method, much more flexible in the tight spots and I've not had any problems with them at all. Also, use white webbing for the shoulder straps.

Elastic is better for hanging things on (having that little bit of stretch can help)or strapping together. I found out last weekend though that a few of my snaps are actually starting to tear through the elastic, so I'll need to remake those straps. Not a big deal, but may be something to take into account. Nylon webbing is nice and sturdy (I was able to get about 50 feet of it at a hardware store) but it is a little more difficult to get snaps into.

Nylon webbing is nice and sturdy (I was able to get about 50 feet of it at a hardware store) but it is a little more difficult to get snaps into.

If you have a soldering iron, you can poke a nice hole in the nylon webbing, the other easy option is a punch tool (which comes in handy for all your snap/strapping needs ;)