Looks like another one for the list...

TK5492

Looks like another TE derived recaster on ebay. May want to steer people clear of this if that's, indeed, what it is.

Thoughts?

*I am not interested in purchasing this armor. I am fully aware of the reputable nature of the armor manufacturers on this site. I am posting this to check with the experts on the lineage, and whether it is a recaster to warn potential buyers away from*

See below...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-STORMTROOPER-SANDTROOPER-ARMOR-PROP-KIT-WITH-HELMET-/180976330647?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2307a797

the thermal detonator looks tiny, like the size of a red bull can lol. ive seen another one like it, whats up with the vertical ab plate? the missing buttons on the bellybutton part are for TD's then you put the TK button part on top of it, but the vertical button part, why do they cast with the dip in the bottom?

Edited by DizzyStormtrooper

Photos contain links to a Facebook page that has photos containing molds:

https://www.facebook.com/CTMProps

616161_436645353046112_356625512_o.jpg

616161_436645356379445_1237024664_o.jpg

Edited by YouCantBe Sidious

I like the comment you left on that discussion, Karin. I'm not educated in recasting. Could he have recasted parts to create those molds, or can you only make molds like that by actually "tooling" them? And what's up with the holes in the molds?

You can make moulds by tooling. But it's unlikely that they would be any accurate unless you spend 10+ years studying, sculpting and resculpting like TM. I'm pretty sure that AM is computer designed and the moulds then machined from aluminium. The holes you see in the moulds are to aid the vacuum suck the plastic down.