Question regarding the Doopydoos E11 full kit

kaa1304

Howdy!

Just wanted to clear something up in my head. I have a full kit DoopyDoos + scope rail. None of it is suitable really for my rotj trooper gear but as I have it, I was going to build it as is, anyway, for painting and weathering practice.

I was just wondering, what trooper type and fisd level does the default DD kit + rail equal?

(ie ANH basic, ESB centurion (yes, yes, i know... not this but...))

thanks all

(If assembled correctly)

ANH Centurion.

EDIT: Just to clarify:

From the CRL requirements:

EIB

Folding stock (does not need to function). CHECK

A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present. CHECK

D-ring mounted on the rear. CHECK

Correct style scope. CHECK

Two power cylinders on the magazine housing. STICK THEM ON

Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered). CHECK

No ESB/ROTJ greeblies are allowed on the blaster. DON'T STICK ANY OF THEM ON

Centurion

Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions. NOT A PROB, BOB IT AIN'T NO HASBRO

And that's why.

Edited by Darth Furious

You can also make some really nice mods to it as well. Good luck with your build, we will be watching :smiley-sw013:

On 9/15/2012 at 5:02 PM, kaa1304 said:

Howdy!

Just wanted to clear something up in my head. I have a full kit DoopyDoos + scope rail. None of it is suitable really for my rotj trooper gear but as I have it, I was going to build it as is, anyway, for painting and weathering practice.

I was just wondering, what trooper type and fisd level does the default DD kit + rail equal?

thanks all

ROTJ does not have power cells, and is not based upon the sterling. it's based upon the MGC base gun.

rotjgem.thumb.jpg.cced474ca3962f58522f52ce861ba7b8.jpg

the default configuration for the doopy do's kit depends upon how you build it.

if you have power cells, a hengstler counter, and a scope and rail then you have an EIB potential build.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Howdy!

thanks all

The full DD kit with rail can be used to go ANH Centurion

If you do not add/use the counter and power cylinders (that the kit comes with) you can go to ESB Centurion ( If you want to be uber correct, you would change the scope to a M19/32 style)

TKC- ESB style EI level only.

For ESB, you'd also want to change to a thinner rail, but that's not in the requirements list (yet).

(ITT: we 'gently' encourage you to research different blaster types... ;) )

Thanks for the tips. I'm still unsure of what to do with the DD - as parts of it could be useful, to build my rotj (which is where my research effort goes into - as opposed to researching guns I'll never use), or to just build it up and paint it up for fun and games.

thanks all, top tips as always.

Actually, Vern is on the money about RotJ- pretty much every part in the Doopy's kit is incorrect for a RotJ E-11, because the MGC Sterling is nothing like the L2A4 (mkIV)

I'd honestly still suggest using the kit to make an ANH- it's all there, you won't end up with spare parts and you could always sell it off to fund your RotJ blaster build if you feel there's not much point in keeping it.

There are many that don't have the ability to build a blaster and would kindly take it off your hands if you built it for ANH centurion. As Jimmy said could be a good option to build it up, sell it off and have the know how and money to fund your ROTJ blaster :D