Rose Bowl Holsters

Brent

I recently watched the Star Warriors 501st documentary and one thing that jumped out at me was a lack of holsters on the marching TKs. I'm curious if that was just the way that most armor was assembled in 2007, or if they were explicitly removed for the parade? I also didn't see anyone with blasters in Pasadena so I'm assuming LFL asked people to leave them at home.

I'm going to hazard a guess (only because noone has yet answered) and say that in 2007 the FISD was still quite new, had very little Legion-wide influence, and TK costumes have come a long way in 5 years.

Amirite?

Yeah, I saw it and was just curious. I didn't go back and look to closely, but in the few shots I saw near the end it just struck me that there weren't any at all that I could see.

If they just weren't common it's an interesting historical look at how far FISD has brought costume standards since then. If they were asked to take them off (no guns or holsters?) I would wonder if that ever happens today since mine is riveted on.

We sometimes have troops which are designated "no weapons." We just leave them in the bin, but the holsters are on regardless. Sometimes we have troops where weapons are holstered only. I have one coming up that is of the holstered only type. Sometimes lightsabers are okay and blasters not. It all depends. I've been thinking of switching to snaps instead of rivets (ideally that look exactly right) so I can remove the holster and use it on my IN NCO. However, I could stop being a cheapskate and actually just buy or make another one.

I think it was a matter of not having them flap around. I trooped as a TD and we were told no packs/BFG's, just pouches/pauldrons.

I'm sure it was either that or else that what they wanted in the TK ranks was uniformity, and they may have realized that if not everyone had one, then no one would.

Maybe someone from A Co or Flag Co will remember.

We sometimes have troops which are designated "no weapons." We just leave them in the bin, but the holsters are on regardless. Sometimes we have troops where weapons are holstered only. I have one coming up that is of the holstered only type. Sometimes lightsabers are okay and blasters not. It all depends. I've been thinking of switching to snaps instead of rivets (ideally that look exactly right) so I can remove the holster and use it on my IN NCO. However, I could stop being a cheapskate and actually just buy or make another one.

I wish someone could make a vac formed, hollow blaster that weighed next to nothing to just use as a holster filler.

I wish someone could make a vac formed, hollow blaster that weighed next to nothing to just use as a holster filler.

A paper poster mailing tube?

Well, I would NEVER throw my blaster in the rubbish in the first place, let alone leave it there...

:laugh1:

Maybe these? http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=20865

I actually think it would be neat to have a papercraft E-11 that you could print out, then cut and glue in to shape. Wouldn't be sturdy at all, but it would be extremely cheap. Assembling one could actually be a fun activity too. I know I would have had fun building toy blasters for a birthday party as a kid. Actually I'm pretty sure I still would :)

Well I think it's the flapping issue :) Since I'm 2012 I have to follow the CRL I have two holsters, a dummy one I made out of light leather imitation (can't feel it's there but it looks accurate enough), and a heavier functional leather one.