First Armor Build

Hello

I've been planning my first armor build. I have decided to go classic with ANH Stunt as my first costume.

Been doing my research around the different armor manufactures and some armor is advertised as Elite ready out of the box.

As such I was wondering is it worth going for Elite status straight off the bat. Would it be too much of a challenge for a first time build to go for Elite?

Just wanting to know some opinions on whether or not this is a good idea for a first time build.

Thanks

Dude, it is at least 100% easier to aim for EIB from the get-go than it is to have to modify things later.

Take it from someone who's been modifying...

Also, EIB is designed to be 'easily acheivable with minimal effort'. You could even aim towards Centurion... it is a great idea to aim high from the start.

Welcome to fisd, im on my first build too still waiting for my armor. I'm aiming for centurion, its not thst much more work its mainly the fine details. You can find all the info you need on the forums, but if you cant then there are many willing to help, don't be afraid to ask. Good luck with your build

Welcome to FISD.

And for your question, it is not a great challenge to go for EIB with your first Build.

I did it with my first build. Just look for the Details, when you but the Armor together, there are plenty of Informations around the Board.

And if you have a question, don`t hesitate to ask. :)

Welcome!

Its absolutely not tricky to go for centurion right away. The details you have to have are not more difficult than assembling your armor in the normal way.

My first build went up the centurion lane right away.

Why building first and then mod?

Do it "right " from the start and you ll be happy!!

Go for it and dont hesitate to ask!

Dr.

Most of the things you can do for EIB (and even Centurion) aren't any harder then using an alternative method when you are building for the first time. Don't assume that more accurate equates to harder. Even if you don't plan on working toward EIB, be aware of the requirements when you are planning your build and evaluate them for yourself one by one.

That said, vern is right on: have fun. The goal is for you to be happy with your armor.

I'm my first build and having a blast. I am trying to incorporate centurion req from the get go. For sure it was not too much more effort to include in the build as I went.

I do have to go back and do my traps and tears with paint or paint like decals.

I am loving the challenges and the tremendous support the folks here at FISD provide!!

I'd recommend going for EIB or Centurion even right off the bat. I told myself when I made mine that I was going to apply and then go back and tweak the few things I needed for EIB...here I am 6 months later and still thinking "I really need to get to work on my EIB qualifications."

I haven't seen anything advertised as being Elite ready. The differences in details needed for EIB and Centurion are on the CRL and can be found here in the forums. Stay with the approved vendors listed in this forum:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11538&st=0