eFx Legend bucket - any word on these?

I didn't get to CVI, but I expect there might have been some info passed there regarding eFx's Legend ANH Hero bucket. Or maybe somebody out there has some more recent info about it...

Either way, if anyone has tabs on what to expect from eFx, I'd like to hear about it (I'm sure some other folks would too).

Safe Trooping!

i read somewhere on one of these forums that it was being phased out because there are other opportunities for much more accurate buckets. upon learning this I feel a since of BLARGGGGGGHHHH cause i had already purchased one before reading it :( oh well it will still look cool as an ornament on my book shelf :)

It would be for display... but it just so happens that I'm currently also in the pipeline for a TM suit. I just know that eFx was working on this Hero Legend helmet, and I was wondering if anyone had seen/heard anything new (I think it was supposed to be released a year ago - but they haven't pulled it down from their website).

there has been some discussion about the materials gino is going to use for the production.

fibreglass has been suggested, and abs has been considered. the delay seems to be production related.

the Efx line would do a lot better with an ABS formed helmet... especially since it's cast from a real hero bucket,

only problem is their art director usually does a lot of cleanup on their products, which some people don't like.

it might take a lot longer before they get into production.

eFX Collectibles aready released a Vader Legend and Limited helmet editions, Legend being very accurate, though there are discussions about that too, since it seems there is some cleanup, and Limited being a bit more idealized, but still from the same molds.

They declared the next on the helmet list will be a Stormtrooper Hero, and a Scout Legend and Limited. Now for the Stormtrooper Hero we need to find out if they will keep them made by fiberglass as Bryan from eFX and Gino announced on Rebelscum some time ago, or make them of ABS. They could also make 2 variants like the proposed for the Scout: an ABS Legend version with small edition (most probably priced around $800 or maybe more) and a Limited fiberglass version ($500-600).

There was a long discussion on Rebelscum regarding what Legend means in the end, with different materials than originals announcedand also with the cleanup.

Since there was some confusion earlier in this thread, just to clarify, Master Replicas and later eFX Collectibles released 2 helmets already:

Differences in Master Replicas/eFX Stormtrooper 1:1 helmet:

Limited Edition (eFX is exactly like this one but just 500 made):

Suggest Retail Price: $399

Version: "Hero"

Edition Size: 2,500 (but only 1,048 made by MR, and 500 by eFX)

Geometry: Asymmetrical (screen accurate)

Lens: Bubble Lens (Green and Grey)*

Material: Hand Laid Fiberglass

Interior: Fully lined and padded

Plaque: Yes

Stand: Yes

MR Collector's Edition Helmet or eFX Precision Cast:

Suggested Retail Price: $119 (a bit more for the eFX PCR)

Version: "Stunt"

Edition Size: Open Edition

Geometry: Symmetrical (idealized)

Lends: Flat-Green

Material: Injection molded ABS

Interior: PU Foam Pad on Crown

Plaque: No

Stand: No

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Our Legend Stormtrooper helmet will not only replicate the original helmet in process, but all materials, as well.

Based on that quote, there should be no question whether they're using fiberglass or ABS.

Or are these guys flagrant false advertisers?

The TK helmet might be ABS, or so I'm assuming. But their 'Legend' TB helmet will be fiberglass despite the originals were ABS. But that has to do with the TB assembly being much weaker than a TK helmet so if they didn't use fiberglass it would break very easily.

The eFX Legend Scout will be made of ABS and only the visor will be made in fiberglass, the Limited Scout wil lbe full fiberglass - this is what eFX told us for now. As for the Stormtrooper Legend helmet we still need to get reliable information from eFX: materials used, price, time of pre-order and delivery etc.

The faceplate still looks wrong to me from the front. At C6 one of the vendors also had a TKC helmet on display. While OK, they had the ear paint completely wrong - it was just an ANH with a stripe of blue paint.

For this reason I stay away from commercially made TK helmets - they never seem to get all the details right, and if I had more money than time/skills there are plenty of great builders on this forum where I can get a pre-built for the same price that is head and shoulders more accurate in appearance.

I totally agree that fan made/unlicensed helmets most of the time look better and are more accurate than idealized licensed ones. But that is because the unlicensed artists are putting a small part of their heart and soul in each prop/helmet they make and create. That is not always the case with the licensed stuff, where most of the cases, they are assembled and painted by underpaid, uninterested and unaware Chinese workers who, many times, don't even know what they are working on.

Edited by jkno