TK under way

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to add a little more dimension with some sound to the inside of my TARDIS for Halloween night and my party..... what do you think? of course the pictures are just so you have something to look at while you listen lol.

Ā 

http://s203.beta.photobucket.com/user/jeryhorn/media/TARDIS_zpsd5885662.mp4.html

OK I have to get back on track with my build after Halloween. I received my TK boots yesterday and it got me wanting to get going again :)

Ā 

I am missing the two of the buttons from the belt does anyone know where I can get some replacements?

Ā 

This week end I am packing up the TARDIS and the Halloweendecorations, then can get back to my TK build :)

Edited by Ravenwood

• 3 weeks later...

OK spent tonight dismantling the armor, removing all the nasty Velcro and masking the helmet ready to spay the inside black. After a coat of black on the inside of the helmet it will be time to put it back together and then paint the details, put in the padding, install the Skull works fan and speaker system then on to re doing the armer to fit me :) did a little test fitting tonight to get an idea on what and how much trimming will be needed, very excited to get going again.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

Edited by Ravenwood

made some more progress on the helmet tonight. Got all the details done, reinstalled the brow and neck trim. Next is to install the frown mess and dark green lenses. After that I can start to install the fan and speaker system then the padding.

Ā 

2012-11-24235933.jpg

Ā 

2012-11-24235947.jpg

Helmet finished totally self contained fan and speaker system using the mini aerator speakers. It is a little tight to get on and off, but feels solid when its on, no wobble at all. I will try to take a short video of it in on and working. The electronics are from skull works, one switch turns on the fans the other the speaker system.

Ā 

2012-11-25154549.jpg

Ā 

2012-11-25154632.jpg

Ā 

2012-11-25154716.jpg

OK just recorded a video of the system in action. I am really happy how it sounds, you can really hear the fan system though, but all in all great I think. Sorry for the really bad video quality I was using my phone.

Ā 

Edited by Ravenwood

• 2 weeks later...

got a couple of small things done today. Completed the thermal detonator and finished the ab plates of with the famous Vader Dave ab button. I think I will do the drop boxes next then the shin and thigh pieces next. Babay steps, but I will get it done lol :)

Ā 

IMAG0342.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0343.jpg

Just a thought you could fix this by gluing a flat piese of abs to the back of it to take up what is missing. Good luck, remember measure twice cut once

This plate does just fit on top but with out the over lap. It should look good when its difficult to explain but the plate will be fitted with the button I used which are like Chicago screws, which mean I can screw the plate in place. Worst case, it doesn't look the way I want and I will have to invest in a new plate, but from all the test fits I have done it looked great.

Edited by Ravenwood

Just for your reference, here is what they are supposed to look like regardless of how yours turns out.

ANHAB-1.jpg

Ā 

Since you are bolting your plate on you don't have to worry about leaving the border around the plate to glue it to your abdomen. But for everyone else who is watching and not bolting the buttons on, then you should leave a border as above.

Not sure about using screws to attach your button plate, haven't seen that done before. It's your choice and you could still change it later :duim:

The buttons them selves are the screws so you would never know that it was screwed from the front, like I said its hard to explain lol

Sorry just woke up and head wasn't quite up to speed, I know exactly what you mean now, that would work fine then :jc_doublethumbup:

Looks good but you know those who love screen accuracy will pick on it for not having that extra material on the sides of you're ab plate. If you're happy then go with it, keep up the good work :duim:

Looks good but you know those who love screen accuracy will pick on it for not having that extra material on the sides of you're ab plate. If you're happy then go with it, keep up the good work :duim:

Ā 

Thanks for the input mate and luckily this isn't high school lol, I don't care what the "movie accurate" people think of my armor :D I think it looks great and am really happy with it. The ab plates are removable and replaceable if need be. My helmet wasn't screen accurate as soon as I replaced the aerators with the mini speaker system, but it sounds and looks great.

Edited by Ravenwood

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the input mate an luckily this isn't high school lol, I don't care what the "movie accurate" people think of my armor :D I think it looks great and am really happy with it. The ab plates are removable and replaceable if need be. My helmet wasn't screen accurate as soon as I replaced the aerators with the mini speaker system, but it sounds and looks great.

Ā 

So.... I've been attending this gym class for no reason!? Whew. I'm glad because these jumping jacks are tough to do in armor.

Ā 

-Eric