Clamps' Stunt Build Thread [AP]

WHOO HOO!!! We have Hand Guard adhesion!!!!

1. Courtesy of Bigironvault's suggestion, I went with Loctite Super Glue and it worked amazing, damn near instant!

508D9B3F-E528-48A0-A619-110D5520A2A7-4394-0000052A8B83B3EA.jpg

278AF7A7-7347-4710-881C-1D1FDBE0F667-4394-0000052A8540A2EB.jpg

9CF528EA-401B-482F-888E-E71BB843710B-4394-0000052A7DF0BBF8.jpg

Got the Kidney side split rivets in place:

747050B5-8169-4FE6-88A1-B89A3CA5BF1B-4394-0000052A771D8157.jpg

Thigh Ammo belt has been locked in with Cap rivets

8CF285DF-3567-4DCB-B3EF-CDA5B90CE92D-4394-0000052A6F203D20.jpg

106C3586-A2B8-40D9-8DF7-5572BCC9F75B-4394-0000052A6ACB244B.jpg

2. did a little glue fixing on the rear thigh coverstrip where things moved after clamping.

3. Painted Helmet screws white

4. Velcro added to shot and inside front of Shins to hold them facing the right way

5/6. Painted a couple of minor chips in the ear rank bar area and touched up a minor issue in the frown.

7. Minor Vocoder paint fix

To do list:

Thigh front cover strips

Test fit for final tweaks before submission

Make some mobility trims to rear of thighs

reduce sharpness of a couple areas that have potential to scratch and cut

Polishing (i doubt I can wait to do this before submitting)

EIB/Centurion To Do list

Finish Resin Blaster (Centurion)

Add slightly larger shim on my right side to close the gape by another 1/4", strapping is just not pulling it in like I'd hoped.

Tad more work tonight.

Did some right shoulder shaping on the back plate to try to get a flatter fit.

Thigh front cover strips curing on the bench.

I'm basically ready to go for approval.

All EIB requirements build in.

Centurion requirements are all that is left:

Boot scuffing

Hand painted helmet traps/tears (or Dave M stickers)

Finish resin blaster

Should be a fun week. Look out 501st. "Clamps" is coming!

CB

I wanted to submit tonight, but, my photos won;t be up to snuff so I don't want to waste the GML's time. hopefully tomorrow I can get something captured in the daytime and I find a clean background. We'll call this a "dress" rehearsal.

YES I know I have some issues to resolve, but nothing I can see here prevents me from 501st approval. something wonky going on with the left shoulder, my strapping on the right forearm is off and my left bicep is a bit loose, so it slips down and rotates too much.My backplate is attached with the wrong snap (have a troop level snap and a photo level snap.

Will need to find a way to keep sniper plate out of my thigh, not much room in there to do the padding behind the thigh trick....may have to trim the thigh a bit. Will need to trim the bottom of the shins too, a little too much ankle ouchie.

I am sure the fine tooth combers will certainly find much more than that.

anywho have a look at the blurry cam:

P1050958.jpg

P1050951.jpg

P1050952.jpg

P1050960.jpg

P1050963-1.jpg

Edited by chookaboom

spot on to me?

So Vern, is that quesiton mark (?) meaning you see something that is off (beyond what I have mentioned above)?

Looking good, don't look that blury to me, well done Charles :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks Glen, I have more work to do to tidy up, but I am feeling pretty good about where I am. and with my tidy ups, I should be on track for EIB and Centurion (once my resin blaster is finished. First things first, I need to get all official like and approved. Will be making a setup for that tonight if all goes well.

For fine tooth comb's sake I would say your drop boxes need to come in a little and your thighs up a tad.

I suggest trooping a few times before trimming anything

Really? Your GML wouldn't accept these photos? Don't forget an action shot for EIB :)

Looks like all your hard work has paid off.

-E

For fine tooth comb's sake I would say your drop boxes need to come in a little and your thighs up a tad.

I suggest trooping a few times before trimming anything

Really? Your GML wouldn't accept these photos? Don't forget an action shot for EIB :)

Looks like all your hard work has paid off.

-E

Thanks Eric

Our GML did not see these photos, so no issue there. After talking with him via PM, he gave me some guidelines and suggestions and I wanted to go back and do a better job so as to make it an EASY acceptance (better lighting (natural lighting, solid background,good focus).

Thighs won;t come up any further without a bunch of trimming in the butt area as it is already pinching the cheeks a bit.

Drop boxes are centered under the end square tabs (its where I have them connected)... should they be justified with end of plastic part of belt then? I have seen enough variance in the screen shots, so I went with the screw that already existed for the belt. its an easy fix for sure for EIB/Centurion applications.

it has been extremely FUN, hard yes that too, hardest part is when I made mistakes and had to try to find a way to compensate. Man, its amazing how many snaps I have used and then had to toss. good thing I got that big pack o Tandy's!

Edited by chookaboom

Looks fantastic Mr. Clamps! You trooping with us next weekend? :D

won;t be able to troop until October, as I have family obligations this weekend and then out of town for a week for work. Will meet up with you guys at Keith's amour party on the 29th for an informal troop around the block.

Where/when is next weekend's troop?

For 501st, I think you're good to go. I mean there's always tweaks you can do for EIB and Centurion but I think for the most of it you're easy pass for 501st.

You might want to do up the chin strap though (1st picture)... hehe

]You might want to do up the chin strap though (1st picture)... hehe

new photos submitted, chin strap issue was dealt with, thanks eagle eye, so you see the end of my belt peaking out the right thigh too? :laugh1:

Congrats, well done on getting approved, so do I have to call you Sir now lol, now hurry up with that blaster :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Congrats, well done on getting approved, so do I have to call you Sir now lol, now hurry up with that blaster :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

thank you and of course, no, no need for sir, but i'll take it :duim:

Blaster focus will be regained in short order and getting my bucket up to Centurion standards to boot, perhaps a little boot scuffing is required.

I have a nice park across the street with a "rocky" softball diamond.. I may have hunt for some droids over there. Keith, have a look at the photos galleries I sent you and let's discuss EiB.