20120728_144147.jpg

20120728_144132.jpg

20120728_144042.jpg

20120728_144011.jpg

20120728_144002.jpg

20120728_143301.jpg20120707_152224.jpg

Edited by theisaac

Not bad.

I see right away the knee ammo belt is a bit high and missing the rivet.

Connect him in the top corner to the thigh and i think you should paint the outer stripe of the vocoder a bit deeper all the way down like the other ones.

And the blaster, ok its a hasbro conversion wich is allowed but it will always be and stay a hasbro.

Will have a look at my pc later to see the pics a bit bigger.

Regards Dr.

1. Thank you all for looking at my build. This is for those who check it out and especially those who take a moment to comment.

I have followed many of your builds as I waited for my armor to arrive so to have feedback from you is important to me.

2. Im off to the hardware store for those rivets for the knee ammo belt. Thank you for that feedback.

3. The blaster. sigh.... I know its a hasbro. I feel the same way about it. I am looking at other options and it is important to me as well.

Thanks. it was as I thought. You'll need to change the way your calves close, so that the opening is face inwards instead of outwards. This was recently noted in the CRL

The AM greaves (shins) shall be on the proper legs, with a new cover strip. The cover strip edge shall be facing the inside of the leg. Note: There is a manufacturer defect with the AM greaves (shins) that may cause you to wear the them improperly. Please see the Tutorial titled :"AM armor shins: the proper way to assemble and wear", on the whitearmor.net

This is a basic level requirement, so obviously this needs to be addressed before I can continue with the review.

Thank you Mathias. Do you mean just glue the cover strips on the other side of the calves? That is something I can do. If not then I would have to replace the calves and I'll respectfully resign the request as I cant afford new calves.

You can take the shins apart and put them back the other way around. I'm no expert on AM building techniques since it's so different than normal armour, but there's a tutorial on the issue somewhere on the forum. Should be a pinned thread.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

I believe I have the correct sides placed together. I went over that shin tutorial 100 times.

If you look at the photos above you will see that the AM shins have a shelf on one side and a long piece of non moulded ABS on the other.

Mine look like the corrected pictures shown in the tutorial. I may be missing something so please correct me if I am wrong.

It looks like I had the cover strips glued on the wrong side and I have removed them and switched it. They are drying now. See pics below.

I have also returned from the hardware store with the cap rivets installed and painted them.

20120812_163505.jpg

20120812_163513.jpg

20120812_163728.jpg

20120812_163746.jpg

I wanted to make these fixes regardless of the shins removing my EIB qualification. I want my suit to be as accurate as possible regardless of the status title. I respect what those before me have done with their builds and I admire their dedication to the FISD and costuming as a whole.

I have cap riveted the knee ammo belt and I believe my shins are correct with the cover strips on the correct sides now facing the inside.

I have also trimmed down the chest flaps on the sides 3 inches at the suggestion of another EIB trooper so they look less like wings. Im happy to suit up again after the glue dries on the shins and it cools off a bit. Its 117 degrees today in Phoenix :)

Rob, Thank you. Its the spirit of being as accurate as possible that drives us all here.

Took some more pics after getting adjustments done today.

IMG_0611.jpg

Lifted the thighs up so they sit higher

IMG_0614.jpg

Showing the rivet that I added today

IMG_0615.jpg

left side out of habit. Showing the cut off wings/flaps from chest

IMG_0622.jpg

thanking YOU for taking time to even look at this post. Also showing the flaps/wings cut from the chest

IMG_0624.jpg

Showing the new calves with the cover strips open on the insides. I have to wait for the glue to fully cure before trying to rub off the goo from peeling off the velcro so its still a little dirty. You get the idea though I hope.

Note the chunk missing from cutting off the cover strip on the left shin. shouldnt be an issue though.

Loving the changes. Too bad you put the cap rivet in the wrong spot for the knee belt. It's supposed to sit in the top corner, not in the middle.

Anyways, you're ready for approval. Good job trooper. :duim: