Built-up sole. 501st legal?

Sometime in the near future, I am planning on ordering some boots from TKBoots. I do have a question though. One of my legs is slightly shorter than the other due to a childhood hip disease and I currently have my soles built up by a local shoe repair shop. Is it legal to have this done with stormtrooper boots? Technically it isn't "screen accurate", but it isn't overly noticeable. Just wanted to find out before I spend the money. Thanks!

The CRL states:

White leather or leather-like, above ankle height, with a flat sole with a short heel, and small U-shaped elastic sections on both sides of the ankle with no buckles or laces. Jodhpur/Chelsea-type boots or an equivalent style is acceptable. Elvis or Mariachi boots are not allowed.

However, when you consider it's for a real medical reason, I would tend to think it could be under a waiver of some sort.

But, I'm just a noob here. the official answer will come from the admins I'm sure. You could also contact your local garrison and discuss with them, since you would be trooping with them, I think they ultimately would have the final say if you were 501st approved or not.

Edited by Dday

You'll be fine. Just try to make it look like it belongs. Since it's a medical issue it's not too much you can do about it and the GML's will understand that.

I think, when it is a Medical Reason, this should be no Problem. Just check it out with your GML from your local Garrison.

Edited by Mogwai

You'll be fine. Just try to make it look like it belongs. Since it's a medical issue it's not too much you can do about it and the GML's will understand that.

+1 :salute:

You should also be eligible for EIB and Centurion if you so desire! If not we need to rethink our hobby cough cough obsession.

Of course he is. We don't discriminate against medical issues for Centurion. Only bad armour. ;)