Looking for some build recommendations

Dday

The thigh/shin gap seems abnormally large, are you super freakishly tall?

Zooming in (grainy but visible) it looks like the rivet was put in just above the ridge line of the thigh armor, where it should be riveted actually in the ridge itself. At least that is how I see most eib/centurion applications have theirs placed.

photo-7.thumb.jpg.623ce4482232d3b31142a3a3a12b505f.jpg

Now that I'm off work it does look a little high on the sides. On the front though I followed the rim of the thigh. Maybe the T thigh curves up on the front farther then other types? Btw those aren't rivets. I haven't started my centurion upgrades yet. Those are bumps Rob up in to identify where the rivets go.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Yeah that's too high. The top of the belt should be attached to that ridge that goes along the bottom of the thigh.

You should also trim off some more on the top and bottom of that knee belt.

Nice that Rob adds the bumps, I've seen a few rivet holes in the wrong spots, and once you've done that, time for a new piece.

Fully agree with Mathias, getting that particular piece ready for centurion takes about 2 minutes more then getting it ready for EIB, might as well just do it once and be done. All you need to do is add the rivet holes, add rivet. done. Oh and plus doing the trim of the top and bottom ridge, but that's childs play if you've already assembled the rest of the suit.

Good luck wrestling that ammo pack into place. If/when you get the rivet bump to line up with the ridge the whole pack will be pointed and tilted up toward the sky or looking as if it's pointed at the floor. That thing is a f'n total slave Leia to get right. So dont't worry, It's not you man. I'm sorry to say that it won't be as easy as Darrek and Mathias say :(

Aloha,

-Eric

It does. But only a few people make TKC. And I think that if the developers had better hardware to render and model on/paid more attention, it would attach like in the movies.

You're right.

In a real time animation aspect you want that thigh pack higher so that it doesn't magically merge with the top of the shin when the leg is angled a certain way and it would be highly unimmersive, since in TFU they had real time ragdoll physics it is bound to happen, so they had other things to focus on than accuracy in their models. If you look however at the Star Tours Skytrooper, they've put the thigh pack low because it wasn't real time rendering and they had more time to animate, they can make the pack overlap nicely how it's supposed to. I'm sure that if the Lucasarts developers weren't starving for time they would have spent an extra hour on that model..

It looks high here:

---------

But when making the 12 inch figure they have it low and upside down:

134.jpg 

There's always something wrong.

Remember that if the dinosaurs had sweaters we would have TKC's looking like this, oops no thigh pack!

Stormtrooper.png.fcb8093e8c8240bc972a6518254246da.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

• 1 month later...