Bought a suit - Looking for opinions

So I've been thinking about a suit for a while and I finally found one that wasn't a bank breaker. BUT... there are always buts aren't there...

I guess with cost some some sort of quality.

I am currently waiting on the suit to come in the mail, but I got it from ebay from a guy called treckfreek and I'm wondering if anyone has had dealing with this guy. He sells a ton of armor, at least one set a day so I'm figuring the odds are someone has dealt with the armor before.

I'm putting in a link to one of his armor sets so people can check it out and tell me their opinions, but if a mod doesn't want the link since it's advertising in a way, please edit it.----------------

Mostly I want opinions on this suit as a starter suit, he says 501'st approved, but I take that with a grain of salt and a pinch of 'yeah right.'

Long term, I will be going with RT-MOD since it's made for bigger people, and I'm 6'6" 220lbs and Robs suits seem to be the tallest suits on the market.

Possibly I will look like I'm wearing childrens armor when I get this suit I bought from ebay. Maybe if this is the case I can resell it and keep saving... We shall see...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I wouldn't have bought this armor from eBay simply based on the fact that the first two photos are of completely different sets of armor! Compare the details and you'll be able to see the difference. If someone is willing to post any old photo just to sell his stuff, then it's not going to be very good.

With it being recast armor, the details will be softer and less defined and the thickness/quality of the plastic is not guaranteed to be consistent: it may be thin and brittle in spots.

I did notice the differences in details on the photos, wary... but at that price, I watched auctions for about a week and got the cheapest one $160, but with shipping $115, so so together $275 not bad if it lasts a few trips around the block before I can resell it.

I checked his reviews and it's rated pretty good for the suits he has sold, so yeah, I hope I get it and it doesn't look like a childs suit on me.I think the gaps in the armor will be pretty big.

If you can cancel your purchase, do it! He is on our list of sellers to stay away from http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19329. It might be a cheap suit but it is still not worth it. Try to get your money back and take some time to save up for a suit from a good seller.

I have treckfreek's armour. It is a recast of the FX armor. Cancel your order if you can. If it's too late to cancel, you will get the armor. It took 5 or 6 weeks to get mine. The quality of the plastic is good but there is a lot more accurate stuff out there. It comes with the big bobble head helmet. I bought the ATA helmet to replace it and haven't even assembled the FX helmet yet. I assembled it to 501st standards eventhough I haven't submitted for approval yet. I bought from trekfreak based on a friends recommendation. I wish I found this site ahead of time. I still like my armor. It's just outdated.

Edited by TyTimp

Hey Derrek, if you're in for the "long game" I would just get one of the untrimmed kits here and go with that. The dollars you will spend on making that suit work with new lid etc. (and things that really just can't be changed ie. Sharpness of pulls) will be pretty much the same as building it yourself with a good kit on here. It's not worth it or the time. You said you want to go with RT-Mod. I'd say save up a little longer and just get RT-Mod bro.

Payment was via paypal, so I'm always covered should I want to pull back the auction within 90 days. I've yet to get any tracking 3 weeks later. I'm sure it will get here, just when will it get here is the thing.... Honestly I'm not to worried about it, the price I got it at, they go for a lot more generally so reselling shouldn't be a problem, maybe I'll make a little and be closer to my RT suit.

Greetings Derrek! Glad you found your way over to the FISD. :) Sounds like you will make things work out. If you do sell that armor later on,

you might want to warn the buyer about the recasting, and the negative views on that. Some people will not mind, especially if it's a really good

price and they are not wanting into the 501st, but other people will stumble upon FISD, and say "Hey.... wait a minute..." :) Couse, it totally

depends on the person, but now that you are enlightened, there's that responsiblity. Geez, I sound like I'm lecturing my 17 year old. Sorry for

that.. he's in Basic training at Fort Jackson, and I kinda miss my lectures! :) I'm sure HE doesn't miss them. I'm not as bad as his drill sarg... surely?!

Good luck with your armor, future TROOPER!!! :smiley-sw013: Jenny

Payment was via paypal, so I'm always covered should I want to pull back the auction within 90 days. I've yet to get any tracking 3 weeks later. I'm sure it will get here, just when will it get here is the thing.... Honestly I'm not to worried about it, the price I got it at, they go for a lot more generally so reselling shouldn't be a problem, maybe I'll make a little and be closer to my RT suit.

Yeah, for sure. I won't tout 501st approved and so on, I'll make sure people know what they are getting into.