Helmet padding

Hi Phillip and welcome to FISD. First off please take some time to introduce yourself in this thread so we can know a little about you http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showforum=5

Also you might find this thread relevant http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19446&hl=grandfathering&fromsearch=1

Read as much as you can here as there is lots and lots of info and again, welcome.

Everyone's different - I have a combination of apholstery foam and batting helmet in mine. Many guys like the original "star" design. Some manage to get hard-hat suspensions in their lids (not me!). Others use tactical helmet padding.

No one sees it and likely no one is judging you by your padding, so I recommend you use whatever you find works to get your lid to fit your head well and optimize your visibility.

I cut foam out of a batting helmet I got for 10 bucks. Velcro's inside and keeps everything snug. I like it because it has holes already cut for my ears and I can still hear while wearing it.

Check out the link above though and see what others did and pick one that fits your needs and budget the best.

Isaac

With the FX lid you can use the Hard Hat liner.

I like the and use the Baseball helmet foam. I just used Velcro to hold it in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I've modified my eFX helmet with some motorcycle helmet padding. I made an informational video describing all my upgrades (of which there are A LOT) in my youtube video here:

It was a pile of work, but totally worth it in the end.

Cheers,

Myn

Edited by DrunkenMynock

For an FX I would definitely suggest the hard hat liner. The FX is much bigger than accurate style helmets and will sit a lot lower if you try to use more traditional padding. This will end up making you look like you have no neck.