Gino Helmets

For what he called a 1st generation - the pull around the eyes aren't very sharp, and the back pull (around the "neck tube") is just horrible.

Oh well - :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, I tried to buy a Hero from him last year (around this time), but he wouldn't sell one to me... I guess my references didn't check out... :rolleyes: ...

Actually, the pulls are as tight as they were on the helmet they were taken from (the Brian R.) Only the ears were taken from the Dave M.

If they look different in the comparisons I made, that is because I'm matching one film used helmets sharpness to another. Both levels of sharpness are correct as both were screen used.

There's a showoff thread on the RPF for anyone interested.

I just tried posting to this thread and nothing would show up. I contacted an admin and found out that now all of my posts have to be reviewed by an admin before being decided whether to be posted or not.

I don't know why, I've never cursed here, called someone an A-hole or anything like that, so I assume it has to do with lumping me in with certain other people's problems who can't seem to not follow those rules.

As soon as I saw this thread, I knew that I was going to have to invest a certain amount of time defending myself from people's comments. I don't feel I can do that with this restriction (I feel unfairly) put upon me.

I ask that this thread either be deleted, or allow me to post freely without this nonsense.

Just curious, Gino; is the "roughness" of the dome intended? I saw a lot of bumps and was just wondering if that was part of "matching one film used helmets sharpness to another"? I will say that the accuracy of the lines and proportions is impressive! Wish I had one!!! :D

Actually, the pulls are as tight as they were on the helmet they were taken from (the Brian R.) Only the ears were taken from the Dave M.

If they look different in the comparisons I made, that is because I'm matching one film used helmets sharpness to another. Both levels of sharpness are correct as both were screen used.

There's a showoff thread on the RPF for anyone interested.

You make it seem as if YOU molded the original helmets. You did not, so you cannot make any claim that they are as sharp as the helmets pulled from.

I made the molds, not you. Stop misleading people. You are making 2nd gen castings, plain and simple.

T*E