VSF Helmet?

TK5624 said:
Hmm it kind of does look like SDS. It also looks a little like the "New FX Helmet"

---------

Ā 

that guys is a bad recast of an sds...Not an fx 2

The sds lids i know are not perfect, this isnt even put togther right if you see a profile shot.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

cheers

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Well the"new fx helmet" looks just wrong for some reason. Either the dome is too high on it or the face is too small, or something. I cant quite put my finger on it....does anyone else see what Im talking about? The VSF helmet has a decent shape to it, the pull looks a little weak but it looks better than the "new fx helmet"

That thing is just plain ugly. Yeah - the dome is crazy tall on it, can't stand those eyes either. I've seen a few SDS Battle specs in person, and they were pretty bad looking, but most of the people that buy them buy-in to AA's lies about them being cast off of the original moulds.

Ā 

One day people will realize they aren't...they are nothing more that just over priced helmets... The fact that they are made by Andrew Ainsworth means NOTHING.

Ā 

BTW - there's a "New FX" when did I miss that?

Guest Bezerkus
ItsThatGuy said:
That thing is just plain ugly. Yeah - the dome is crazy tall on it, can't stand those eyes either. I've seen a few SDS Battle specs in person, and they were pretty bad looking, but most of the people that buy them buy-in to AA's lies about them being cast off of the original moulds.

Ā 

One day people will realize they aren't...they are nothing more that just over priced helmets... The fact that they are made by Andrew Ainsworth means NOTHING.

Ā 

BTW - there's a "New FX" when did I miss that?

Ā 

The second pictures were of the new FX.

Ā 

I'll agree that SDS is overpriced, but I would have to disagree on the "pretty bad looking". But yes the Battlespec does look alot like the VSF.

Ā 

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I think the SDS helmets look pretty good....my only problem with them is....drum roll please...that outrageous price. Another thing on the VSF helmet is that the eyes look more narrow than usual and the frown looks too small. You could prolly gouge out its eyeballs a bit, drop the brow some and get a pretty decent hero helmet.

in this pic, it looks like someone puched it in between the eyes :blink:

It almost looks like the rear section of the cap is raised up and tilted forward...giving him a massive forehead.

Ā 

My wife sez he looks like a "Neanderthal trooper."

Ā 

T :salute:

That new pic makes it look like a cross between a stromtrooper helmet and the mask from the scream movies. I seriosly hope no one spends any money on one of those. I would rather have a don post tack welded to my face before I would even try one of those on.

Ā 

Wow maybe we should rename this thread "Official New FX flame thread"

I'd say this helmet is a modified recast of an SDS helmet. It has the thin side tubes and the elongated ear caps. It's also badly assembled making it look worse that it probably is. I don't think it looks nothing like the VSF, unless there is a newer version of it?

Ā 

By this you are referring to the "new FX" helmet? I hope I do a better job assembling my TE2 when I get it. I would seriously cry myself to sleep for the rest of my life if my helmet turns out like that. "Fears of a noob"

• 2 weeks later...
:huh: I'm not seeing that faceplate of the new FX as having origins even close to the SDS battlespec, maybe I need glasses.

Don't think anyone is saying that the "New FX" has anything to do with the SDS helmet... it was the VSF that was thought to possibly be from the SDS.

Ā 

So, to get this right. There are three helmets discussed here:

Ā 

SDS BattleSpec

VSF

& "New FX"

Ā 

When did either arrive on the market?

Don't think anyone is saying that the "New FX" has anything to do with the SDS helmet... it was the VSF that was thought to possibly be from the SDS.

Ā 

So, to get this right. There are three helmets discussed here:

Ā 

SDS BattleSpec

VSF

& "New FX"

Ā 

When did either arrive on the market?

Ā 

What is the "New FX" I have never heard of that until I joined these boards...and I consider myself pretty well versed in TK armor, helmets and makers...

It almost looks like the rear section of the cap is raised up and tilted forward...giving him a massive forehead.

Ā 

My wife sez he looks like a "Neanderthal trooper."

Ā 

T :salute:

Ā 

i agree with wifey :)