Chookaboom's Hasbro E11 Conversion Build

Clamps

While PATIENTLY (to not so patiently) awaiting my beautiful AP kit to make its way to my doorstep, I have decided to put together my Hasbro/Doopy Mod kit. So without further blathering, here is how it went.

All photos are iPhone quality. Be kind, I am very new to this kinda thing.

OK, so here is the obligatory New In Box shot of the Hasbro E11 Stormtrooper Blaster. I picked this up at a store closing sale at Zellers, Centerpoint Mall, Toronto.

lpG057H.jpg

Here is the Doopy Doos mod kit poorly laid out and organized:

mQeWTRe.jpg

Matte Clear Coat added, silver on ejection port and a comparison with original Hasbro. I still need to add some weathering, but I hope to learn some techniques from the local Canadian Garrison at their upcoming Armour Party.

YysTBya.jpg

Cool build...I love the custom recticle. You should use it.

So see you to are waiting for your AP armor like me. I ordered mine back on April 17th. How long have you been waiting?

Craig

So see you to are waiting for your AP armor like me. I ordered mine back on April 17th. How long have you been waiting?

Craig

Deposit put down May 1, remaining balance the day after he sent email asking for balance. I know e is behind schedule and very much in demand. So I'll be patient as it will be an awesome product!

Wow, you made that look easy.

Not easy at all. So many oopsie moments Had I simply followed the repeated words of wisdom on FISD, I would not have has to use so much bondo to fix my mistakes :))

So, for all those potential Hasbro modders out there. Open 'er up before drilling the row of extra holes on the magazine housing side. That extra unseen plastic inside is brutally unforgiving.

Secondly. Dremel set to lowest speed that works on either the plastic or resin.

Anywho. It'll be my troop blaster. I'll get a full Doopy E11 for the formal later.

Edited by chookaboom

Cool build...I love the custom recticle. You should use it.

Craig

I ordered mine March 3rd. Still waiting FYI. But I hear I will get it by the end of June. This has been anticipated though as I talked to a few others on the boards. Usually 12-16 weeks.

Looking great Charles! I've seen this E-11 in real life and it's fantastic. Thanks also for the funny reticule sticker. Love it!
ur too kind. I look forward to learning weathering techniques from you soon.

Oh and for the record. The sounds work but I nicked the wiring somewhere so the light does not work. I may pop the muzzle tip off and see if he issue is easy to fix. If now. Screw it. Did I mention sound still works :-()

I've decided I am not happy with the rear scope solution and I will be removing the Hasbro rear cap and replacing with the scotch tape inner roll and a sanded down mini magnifier glass from the dollar store eyeglass repair kit $2. Photos to follow as I get things moving.

Wow,

sanded down mini magnifier glass from the dollar store eyeglass repair kit $2

That is simple and brilliant. I was about to pull apart a $20 pair of Binoculars for the lenses, but that is so much simpler and more elegant! Thank you...

Ok, time for a little visual update:

Rear scope cap removed. this wa sa pain in the an impolite person, as it was smothered in glue at the top, and virually none the rest of the way around. I recommend drilling out the rear flat plastic area. Find the notch on the left side and work the side off from the end rather than from the front. But's that my experience.

Also, I removed the Doopy Resin counter to make this an easier job. I really shoudl have done this during the initial build, but whatever... onwards:

iOBHHV8.jpg

Plastic Joining piece is gonna present an issue with the scotch tape roller, so it's gotta go:

qb6od2o.jpg

and now its gone:

UibWHj3.jpg