Chookaboom's Hasbro E11 Conversion Build

Clamps

Here is the Scotch Tape roll insert. I took the dremel to the inner ring where the magnifying glass will sit so that it will sit flush.

ShlVcS9.jpg

Test fitted nicely, except that the Scotch Tape roll is not deep enough and leaves that gap on the left side

2fgbwu6.jpg

Dremel Time to the scope to shorten it up a touch:

tUc5t1E.jpg

Next steps are to clean up the magnifying glass further and try to figure out a way to make this cap removable so I can change out the inner image whenever I so desire. I think if I just make the fit snug versus glue I should be fine. Then I have to figure how I want to mount the reticle imagery so that it is easy to remove. If I secure the magnifying glass to the scotch tape roll with adheasive, then i won;t be able to it out... hmmm, time to dig through more threads to see if anyone else has similar solution.

oh, and oh course paint and remount the counter and then decide if I want to install wiring.

more to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated pics with paint and image installed:

hWDiJNZ.jpgLiM7o60.jpgHb1S1Tt.jpg

It's a little sloppy on the magnifying glass, but it will have to do for now, I don't want to dink with it further. that will have to be improved later.

While bopping around "Active Surplus" in Toronto, I came across THIS counter box. I am tempted to purchase and gut the thing to see if I can find a way to install it in the Doopy Resin. It's a $20 gamble that I might just undertake. I need to take a few measurements to see if the number height will work. very tempting.

A4Hirz8.jpg

Btw Charles that reticule thing is now officially called the "Charles mod" ... haha

And also Andrea found out I have a fear of snapping hair elastics...

Edited by bigironvault

my pleasure. If you every want to change the "targeted" image or the text, let me know, it's a 2 min fix and I can email you back the file to print.

• 2 weeks later...

Back again folks. did some repair work for the a couple big mistakes made during the build:

#1 LED is rewired and now fully functioning

bew4HaX.jpg

c3hl0jf.jpg

#2 After removing lower t-track on the magazine side, I drilled the holes without splitting the gun in half. This resulted in a nasty shaped hole on the front where it caught on some inside plastic that connected the two halves together. I initially used the wrong type of filler to cover the hole but ultimately it never cured and always stayed soft. Finally got tired of the dent and removed it.

Used a fat straw to get the right shape and some awesome stuff called J-B Stick to fill in around the straw. 60 minutes later I sanded it down and smoothed out the inner portion of the hole and it was nice and round. A little out of position, but better than what was there before.

Was embarrass by the mistake so I never took a photo of the wound. Here is the fixed version. As you can see the hole on the far right is wonky too as well as a little aggressive with dremel removing the t-track.

1m2S2vg.jpg

Added some wire from the counter to the fuse thingumabob. it's 14gaugge copper strand inside, it was nice and easy to shape and it holds the shape well. got 4 nice turns on the inside. the outer one I somehow ended up with n extra loop... eh, so what.

9Ap039B.jpg

VDD4i7q.jpg

time to re-weather, seal it and MOVE ON!! If only the amour would arrive I could stop putzing around with this.