The Importance Of Reference Pictures

Storming Toward 300 EIB's

Trooper of the Month

Disney Star Wars Weekends

Troop Of The Month: The Price Is Right!

Swag Alert

oWguNzr.png

Greetings Troops!

I would like to address the currently ongoing Detachment polls and discussions. These are open to all 501st TK's that are detachment members.

First off here are the results of our recent polls on the minimum requirements.

Basic Holster Requirement Amendments: PASSED 90.00% in favor

this proposed amendment will require that troopers correctly attach the holster

Basic Requirement Belt Amendment: PASSED100.00% in favor

this proposed amendment will make it a requirement to use proper materials for TK belts.

There is also several basic standard discussions going on now that will go to vote soon

Thermal Detonator Basic Requirements Discussion

Basic Requirements Concerning visible rivets / fasteners Discussion

ROTJ Details Basic Requirements Discussion

Last but not least, we recently had a general opinion poll and a majority of members feel that the FX helmet should no longer be allowed for new members.

member opinions on TK costuming standards POLL!

We have listened to our members and are currently holding a poll to grandfather the FX/AM style helmet. currently 88.89% of our active TK members feel that this should happen.

poll: grandfathering the FX helmet

I would urge members to voice your opinions and vote! :)

With unquestioned loyalty,

Mason Carson

TK-4603 "dashrazor"

Detachment Leader

oWguNzr.png

ev0aeDl.jpg

35 years ago a movie emerged on the silver screen that would take the world to a Galaxy far, far away.... This movie not only became an instant hit, but became a household name. It sparked the imagination of all ages and became the highest grossing movie to that point in time. It regenerated the movie experience for all and took movie merchandising to a whole new level.

In hindsight, it was really a Cinderella story come true for this small budget sci-fi film that no one believed in. Yes, I am talking about Star Wars. It is unbelievable that this movie has stood the test of time and started one of the largest movie franchises, now totaling 6 live action movies one cartoon movie, several television cartoon shows and made for TV movies, not discounting the Holiday Special.

With this going through my head, I wanted to hear about your first memories of seeing the iconic first movie and I am not talking about Episode I, I am talking about Star Wars, later to be know as Episode IV, A New Hope.

What kind of impact has this movie had on you life since you first saw it? I started a thread asking members of the FISD to share the first time they saw Star Wars. For some it was like me, who saw it in the theater back in 1977. For some it was much later on television or even in the last decade on DVD.

My original concept for this article was to actually incorporate the best stories into the article. But, after reading through the thread, I saw there were so many great stories that it was impossible to pick out just a few, so I am adding the link to thread and hope that all will enjoy reading the one that have shared their first experience seeing Episode IV, A New Hope.

I hope, that any who have not, will also participate by adding to the thread and share their first time seeing the movie that started it all. Here is the link: http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=19376

I would like to share with you, the readers, my memories of seeing Stars Wars for the first time:

I have been a true fan of Stars Wars every since my parents took me to see Episode IV, A New Hope. But, at that time it was not known as Episode IV A New Hope, it was just known as Star Wars. I was 3 years old, yes 3 year old when this epic adventure blasted on the movie screens for the first time. I have had numerous arguments with other fans who do not believe the age I was and actually went to the theater to see this. And, I probably would not have, because my parents were extremely busy at that time starting up their fledgling business. If it had not been for one of the employees at the business, who had recently seen Star Wars and had told my parents that he knew that my sister and I would truly enjoy this epic adventure, I probably would not have seen it at that time. I remember him telling me about the characters, creatures and exciting space battles. I also remember standing in line, which for a kid my age, seemed like days, and finally was in the jammed packed theater. As I look back now, it was more than well worth it. If that employee had not pestered my parents into taking my sister and I to see the movie, I probably would not have seen Star Wars until I was a few years older. I don't know where that employee is today, but if I knew where he was, I would shake his hand and say THANK YOU!!

I can still remember seeing the scroll run up the screen and the large star destroyer coming on screen and continuing on and on. I still have bits and pieces of that night in my memory and after the movie ended I remember begging my mom and dad "can we see it again, right now, can we see it again"? I remember them telling me they were not going to stand in line for hours to get tickets, but would bring me back again. And, they did bring me back again and again. A few years later, I remember doing the same thing for The Empire Strikes Back and 6 years after seeing Star Wars for the very first time doing the same thing for Return of The Jedi.

Star Wars has been a big part of life and I could not fathom this world without this space adventure, its colorful characters and knowing that it has linked us all together one way or another.

So, May The Force Be With You, Always....

With Unquestioned Loyalty,

Tom Gardner

TK-5940 "RogueTrooper"

FISD Executive Officer

oWguNzr.png

Just slightly over a month since the announcement of the "Fire Team" Program, and following the first official Fire Team approval, we have already got 4 active units!

Fire Team Alpha, from the Everglades Squad, holds the honour of being the first official approved Fire Team. Already boasting 9 active members, Fire Team Alpha looks set to be an active unit in building"a common identity and spirit of camaraderie" amongst trooping TK's from specific geographic areas. Well done Fire Team Alpha!

Fire Team Alpha represents the Everglades Squad in the program and is currently comprised of active members TK 9540: Ryan Gardella, TK 7164: Luis Diaz, TK 6824: Donald A Sanders, TK 8603: Raymond P Guimond, TK 9782: Jamie Baker, TK 9228: Devin S Eickelmann

TK 7100: Chris Del Spina, TK 9061: Olga Plaza, TK 8499: Brandyn Ippolito

Following hot on the heels of Fire Team Alpha are the following active Fire Team Units:

Name: FIRE TEAM KILAUEA, Region: Pacific Outpost - Hawaii/Guam

Members: TK 5707: Edwin Gay, TK 9674: Eric Brager, TK 5886: Robert Doi, TK 3018: Christian Colotario, TK 6376: Victor Delgado, TK 7187: Jamie Baer, TK 7432: Tory Latilla, TK 5897: Guillermo R Rivero

Name: Fire Team Whiskey, Region: Garrison Titan

Members: TK 6640: Clay Mottern, TK 8020: Paul Hoeffer, TK 6726: Charlie Judd, TK 4665: Andrew Wolf, TK 8151: Jim Peternel, TK 4862: Tony Carnevale, TK 3445: Simon Hernandez, TK 8265: Mike Hart, TK 7293: Chris Cecil

Name: Fire team Kaji, Region: Makaze Squad (East Central Florida)

Members: TK 7392: Travis Branum, TK 4074: AJ Catulo, TK 5219: Barton Cothran, TK 2195: Todd Erdman, TK 7287: Jim Cembrook, TK 3199: Brad Saylor, TK 5071: Thom Sousa, TK 2191: Dan Wilkerson, TK 5089: Paul Button, TK 7841: Domenic Walker, TK 8648: Jay Anderson, TK 4550: Mike Micca, TK 5268: James Youngblood, TK 7115: Zach Winnermark, TK 2598: Sheri Scott, TK 2127: Randy Herman, TK 8556: JoAnn West

A huge congratulations to these committed troopers and here's to the continued growth of what looks to be a very fun and exciting program for any and all Legion TKs.

For more information on have to start or join a Fire Team, here are the links:

Fire Team guidelines: http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=19195

Fire Team FAQ: http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=19234

Register your Fire Team: http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=19196

Lucas Bowers

"ZeroRoom"

Detachment Webmaster

oWguNzr.png

Ever played that whisper game? One person comes up with a word or phrase and then whispers it to the next. Move down the line of persons and the last person loudly repeats what he or she was told by the next last person. Usually the message gets grossly distorted and nowhere near the original message.

The very same thing is true with costume and prop building. You want to use as good reference as possible. Often this comes down to screen captures or photographs of the item you are trying to replicate.

When you use another persons build as the base of your own, you are unavoidably distorting the original message, ie look of the original prop. Thus the end result will differ from what you really want.

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't look at other members build threads, but use them with a grain of salt. It's best to use them as inspiration, not reference. We here at FISD have collected quite a bit of good reference material in the form of photographs and screen shots from all the three original movies, and we are always working on making it easier for you to find the best material available to base your work upon.

You can find the pinned thread collecting our screen grabs and LFL photographs under:

First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment → Armory → Hard Armor (General Discussion) → Stormtrooper reference library (538 HD screens)

Or by just clicking here.

With that, I wish everyone good luck with their current and future armour builds.

Mathias Rodstedt

TK-2959 "Locitus"

Deployment Officer

oWguNzr.png

IYAdojx.jpg

Right now we have 218 TK’s that have stepped up and achieved the level of Expert Infantryman Badge. Helmets off to all of you!!!!!

The goal this year is to hit 300 EIB’s. Going for this level will not make you richer, better looking or get you a tax break. But, it will show your pride for the Stormtrooper costume. This professional soldier, clad in white armor, dedicated to the Empire, is one of the most requested for trooping events only next to Lord Vader.

The TK was the very first costume in the Legion and holds the largest number of costumes to date.

With the 35th anniversary of ANH and this year marking the 15th anniversary of the 501st Legion, I ask all of you TK’s who have not stepped forward to claim your EIB and show pride for the Stormtrooper, to consider making this your mission.

There is very little effort and minimal cost to go to the EI level. Take a look at the CRL’s and you may realize that you are only missing one or two things that you would need to do, to become and Expert Infantryman. It may just be the color of your AB buttons or it may be the silver tape on the thermal detonator, or the back covers to the drop boxes. It may just be the D ring on your E11. All these take little time and effort and as said above at a minimal cost, but the reward is knowing that you are putting your best foot forward for one of the most iconic movie characters to come from a Galaxy far, far away.

If you have already taken the step to the EI level, but know someone in you local Garrison/Outpost/Squad that has not, take the initiative and help that fellow TK to achieve their Expert Infantry Badge.

Have TK Pride - Go EI !!!!!!!

Tom Gardner

TK-5940 "RogueTrooper"

FISD Executive Officer

oWguNzr.png

Congratulations to Todd R. Erdman, TK 2195 (Jangofett29)!!!!!!!!

Todd is TK Of The Month, for taking on the task and becoming the second Sky Trooper in the Legion. Building a Sky Trooper is no easy task, to say the least. First, there is no already made/out of the box kit for the 7I Jetpack, not to mention all the graphic, flash detailing that goes into the awesome look of the Sky Trooper.

2iA4FTH.jpg

Todd has been a Legion member since July of 2008 and holds 9 nine different Legion Costumes, two of which are TK’s:

TK - Storm trooper: ANH Stunt

DZ - Tusken Raider: ANH (male)

DZ - Tusked Raider: AOTC (male)

BH - Jango Fett: AOTC

TB - Biker Scout

CT - Clone Trooper (ROTS): 501st Vader's Fist

CC - Clone Commander: Appo (Comic Version)

DZ - Jawa

TK - Storm trooper: Sky Trooper

Todd is a member of the Florida Garrison and part of the Makaze Squad.

Todd will be proudly representing the Sky Trooper at Disney World during the Star Wars Weekends.

Once again, congratulation Todd, have fun being the Sky Trooper and it makes us proud to know that you are representing not only the 501st but future Sky Troopers, as well......

Tom Gardner

TK-5940 "RogueTrooper"

FISD Executive Office

oWguNzr.png

The Galaxy far, far away is much closer than you think, or at least if you are vacationing at Disney World in Florida during the months of May and June. Yes folks, I am talking about Star Wars Weekends.

For those that do not know what Star Wars Weekends are, Disney has made it a point to immerse you in the Star Wars Universe, with your favorite actors from the Saga and The Clone Wars Cartoons. There are panels, autograph sessions and even dancing Vader and Stormtroopers, not to mention the Jedi Academy where you can go through the trials to become a Jedi and fight Lord Vader, himself.

One of the special events is a large parade, featuring the 501st, which is mainly made up of the Florida Garrison.

Last year they revamped the Star Tours ride and it emerged bigger, better, and now in 3-D. One of the coolest things about this ride is that a new character has emerged from it. This new character is the Sky Trooper. Last year the Sky Trooper was approved and just recently the second in the Legion got its thumbs up from the LMO. Yes, I am talking once again about Todd Erdman, TK 2195. He is part of the Florida Garrison and will be, in my opinion, the main attraction for the Star Wars Weekends.

So, if you are one of the lucky ones to be going on vacation to Disney World during the Star Wars Weekends, you will find yourself having an impressive, most impressive time.

Tom Gardner

TK-5940 "RogueTrooper"

FISD Executive Officer

oWguNzr.png

The Price Is Right is now under Imperial law!

This month's troop of the month is hard one to beat! The forces of the Empire invaded the set of popular TV game show "The Price Is Right" to present some great Star Wars themed prizes to contestants. To really spice up the new Star Wars X-Box Kinect package the generous folks at The Price Is Right were offering as a prize for a lucky contestant the show had two TK's stand guard over the booty while Lord Vader kept an eye on the sometimes unruly crowd.

TK-6818 - our very own LadyInWhite - and team represented the Empire most admirably on a show seen internationally, and mastered the art of Game Show co-hosting while they were at it.

Can anyone say Vanna White-Armor?

Lucas Bowers

"ZeroRoom"

Detachment Webmaster

oWguNzr.png

Coming soon!!!! A red version of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment logo. This cool patch with be a great for those's who want to added it to their Centurion Rocker patch.....or just to have it, because it looks impressive, most impressive.....

The Cross merch designs are still being worked....

Last month we announced FISD Lapel pins......There will be only 200 of this, they are all gone......WoW!!!! that was faster than Han Solo doing the Kessel run.

Here are some highlights absolutely fantastic FISD mercy still available this month :

EIB Gold Challenge Coin (12 left) http://forum.whitear...showtopic=15729

kWu3TZ5.jpg

FISD Mugs: http://forum.whitear...showtopic=13911

YcfMMCF.jpg

FISD 5th anniversary cards http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=18487

WO8ZadZ.png

oWguNzr.png

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor

Twitter: www.twitter.com/@FISD501st

Erich Shafer

TK-6124 "AdamScottFM"

Public Relations Officer

On behalf of the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff.

End Transmission.

oWguNzr.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Kudos to the the staff for a great newsletter. Guys - these things take hours to do and it's always a nail biter.

Well done gents! :salute:

FUN NEWSLETTER!!! I love that First Time thread, it is enjoyable to re-read on a bad day. I hope it'll be pinned if it isn't already. And the video inserts really make it :)

Congrats, Todd! I never knew what a Sky Trooper was, despite living at Disneyland and on Star Tours. I'm going to have to check out your threads to see how you solved your backpack.

I wanted to toss a BIG SHOUT OUT to TKRalf, TK-8616, who is the TK supermodel beside me on The Price is Right. Ralf is a great trooper, has a sensational attitude, and would be the first person I ask to join a Fire Team if I were to start one. Rafael is fun to work with and i always look forward to seeing him!