screen accurate rubber glove brand name?

I was reading on the forum about rubber gloves and someone said they were at Wal-Mart. I have a super center by my home so I went and there they were. Perfectly accurate with the grip going onto the back of the finger and much thicker and sturdier than the ones I found at Dollar Tree (Call me crazy but I'm a little weary to glue my 30 dollar guards to something from the dollar tree...). I looked back on the peg and they had large. I tried them on and they were too big. I knew the medium would be perfect but they only carry a large. I then tried to google the brand and couldn't find anything!

I have used the search function and have been finding discussion from years ago with broken links.

All the current threads have post like "look for these" with a photobucket picture.

Is there anyone out there with a link to the super screen accurate gloves with the correct palm and fingernail grip in a medium?

Any help is appreciated and if you have a large hand, you can get your gloves at Wal-Mart.

I need something to type into google besides "rubber chemical gloves, black"

These are the kind I use. I got mine from being in the military, but they are easy to come by & look about identical to what we saw on screen. :)

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm trying to source them as accurately and cheap as possible here in the U.S.

Any ideas?

I know people use many different kinds of glove but, I think it would be cool to narrow down the exact accurate equivalent of what was used to make our armor that much closer to screen accurate.

As for what was used in the movie, do we think they were kitchen gloves? Kitchen gloves are the only others I've seen besides the wal-mart ones found in the paint aisle (which don't come in any other size than large) that have that diamond pattern on the palm and up onto the fingertips. It would make sense if they did use around the house gloves (the ones that are usually yellow) since they were only used for a short time, and they could be thrown away. However, I can't afford to replace my hand guards every time the gloves rip. I'd really like to know the brand of the ones that come from wal mart.I think it was "grip tight" or "good grip" or something like that. Dang! I should have written it down!

Edited by bigtrev503

I didn't even think of that! I have to get my tube stripes and was trying to think of something else to justify the shipping cost a little more . This will be perfect! Thank you!

EDIT: I just saw that there is free shipping on decals...

I can't help to wonder where these suppliers are finding them though...

Edited by bigtrev503

What kind of a store is it? Home improvement?

Yes, "home improvement". That's the word I was looking for, thanks!

Edit: I just checked the home page (obi.com), but they're only in middle and east europe.

Edit2: maybe one of your trooper living in one of the countries could help out. Maybe they have lower shipping rates than we have in Austria

Edited by Sonnenschein

• 2 weeks later...

I have went ahead and bought the trooperbay ones, but it sounds like deeper analysis and research could be done to get more information about the screen used gloves. That way we can take one more step towards complete knowledge of what is exactly accurate all the way around.

Edited by bigtrev503

I don't think will find that out after 36 years. No distinctive brand or name is visible on the gloves, so they all look the same-

But we could find out which brand was most common back than we have a high probability of the correct ones - if the brand still exists and they havn't changed the molds and material.

Believe me, I searched countless nights on the net and I suppose TM aswell. Nowadays we even know the correct brand of snaps, so who knows.

The problem trying to find the brand is that we don't really have any good clues to follow. There are the odd few HD photos that could help narrow down our search, but to find the exact match is going to be near impossible until a real pair turn up.

As far as I know there were no gloves in the LFL archives (according to Matt/TE) but who knows...maybe there are some hiding somewhere just waiting to be found?

I think Karin has the best idea of seeing what brands were popular in the mid 70's. The brand I have been using is Maxima flock lined rubber gloves which are great, but I don't know if that is the original brand or not.

On 5/3/2012 at 1:01 AM, john danter said:

Don't Marigolds have that pattern?

I Was thinking exactly the same and they would have been readily available at the time of filming and they are available in black, (the G17K ones available now look ok---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed