TM's ANH Hero build[*TM]

Another part of the very authentic approach. White solvent-base glue. Be careful with this stuff if you're going to try and copy this method. The solvent will melt your plastic if you're too liberal with it.

I haven't got the cojones to risk it so I stuck with E6000 and a thin brushing of white paint over the top to imitate the look of the glue.

You're right. This glue is serious stuff and will melt your plastic if you are not careful. Any over-spill or drops onto your armour will leave a nasty scar.

The good thing about this glue is it dries very quickly, it's white, and will warp the plastic just as it can be seen on the original suits smile.png

Edited by troopermaster

It sure is mate, and flexible too :D

Does this mean you simply bent the knee ammo pack by flex and affixed it? I notice the gaps between boxes don't show any signs of using the paint stick bend method. Did you apply heat at all?

This Stelmax Glue is the nuts i used it on my RS build , but please do take note as Rich and Paul have mentioned it can mark and scar your armour if over spill , but boy if used correctley you do get some great warping effects going on like the on the original armour :) .

@ Rich whats up with you man USE IT GIVE IN TO YOUR FEAR :sith::P

I got the belt made up and I am pretty happy with the result. The multi layering makes it hard for me to sew but I have managed it.

DSCF2056.jpgDSCF2057.jpg

It's been slow going since my last update as I have been suffering from man flu, but I have managed to do some more work and will get some photos tonight.

Thanks for the tip, Karin.

I think I will give some spray adhesive a try and see how it works. I have enough material to make a few more belts and hope I get them perfect every time.

And thank you too, Rich. You know me, such a perfectionist ;)

I will keep persisting until I crack the belt build up. I am using three different materials (well four if you count the interfacing) and it's the fine silk/satin lining that's the tricky bit at the moment :glare: