Suspenders Are a Pain!

OK

So I've been doing the suspender method for a while now and I'm just not happy with it. My back/butt slips down and then my crotch is raised into some uncomfortable areas if you know what I mean. Then When the butt slips down it begins to get caught on my thigh as I walk. Does anyone have any suggestions on a better way to keep the ab and back/butt up?

Thanks

You may need to post some pictures so we can see a bit better how you have it strapped up. From what I have learned in my experience is you just run the suspenders from the ab and kidney plates, and have the crotch and butt connected by elastic pieces. If the butt still slips try to wrap the belt around it some to keep it in place.

Edited by NastyNoah

I ditched the suspenders awhile back, just strap everything together so the whole suit hangs on you. Some people use snaps and straps or velcro, and the most accurate way is the wire brackets and straps. I used snaps and elastic. For the chest to the back connection I used nylon webbing. This is how It looks

YYGjSLI.jpg

On 4/16/2012 at 4:07 AM, SCTrooper said:

I ditched the suspenders awhile back, just strap everything together so the whole suit hangs on you. Some people use snaps and straps or velcro, and the most accurate way is the wire brackets and straps. I used snaps and elastic. For the chest to the back connection I used nylon webbing. This is how It looks

I really like this Idea and I'll probably try it.

The length of the suspesndors isn't the problem because the front armor raises as the back lowers it seems as though the suspenders are just slipping down my back or something.

Positioning of original strapping as below. You don't need to use the original system, you can put a heavy duty snap system in, just reproducing the positioning of the fastening points. On the outside it still does a good impression of the original suit.

And yeah, the braces/suspenders method is rubbish ...

oCBaSSW.jpg

I use home-made suspenders and they work a treat...don't know why everyone is bagging them out.

I simply sewed in a sternum and shoulder blade strap that stops it from moving up and down at all. Then boom, no movement, nice positioning, cost me about $10 for the elastic.

I use home-made suspenders and they work a treat...don't know why everyone is bagging them out.

Because if your back plate is not connected to the kidney plate and the chest isn't connected to your abdomen armour in the correct places, your armour won't be positioned correctly and you risk various wardrobe malfunctions, e.g. having your back plate overlapping the kidney, which will prevent you from replicating the stormtrooper look properly.

Edited by Rick330

I got rid of my suspenders as well. They were giving me a back ache after trooping. I switched to a simple nylon webbing belt with some elastic to hold up the thighs. MUCH more comfortable.

Because if your back plate is not connected to the kidney plate and the chest isn't connected to your abdomen armour in the correct places, your armour won't be positioned correctly and you risk various wardrobe malfunctions, e.g. having your back plate overlapping the kidney, which will prevent you from replicating the stormtrooper look properly.

Eh, I haven't modified my AM chest and back yet and until I do I don't want to have them connected. The chest plate is actually connected to my abdomen armour, and it's all help in place by the arms and all. It works quite well at the moment actually. I'll see how it goes once I modify it and trim it down.

Getting the AM chest plate and back armour to look like the originals is going to be very difficult. They are both much too large. Which is why I understand why you use braces.

Getting the AM chest plate and back armour to look like the originals is going to be very difficult. They are both much too large. Which is why I understand why you use braces.

Just wait mate, I'm working on a mod that's gonna blow everyone away. ;)