TKC CRL Blaster questions - I think we missed something

Daetrin

So I'm thinking of applying for TKC EIB, but the CRL says that for EI one can only use an ESB or ROTJ blaster. I'm getting old so can't recall - what was the reasoning why ANH blasters could not be applicable? And, since the SE-14R is allowed, does that mean I can use my SE-14R if I don't have an ESB blaster with a folding stock?

I have to be honest it's something I really didn't consider much about until here I am considering pending application. I'm wondering if the folding stock should perhaps be Centurion level rather than EI, given how few people have that mod on their blasters and may want to re-use their hyperfirm for this.

It's also strange that the folding stock is required on both EI (ROTJ & ESB), but it only has to be extended for Centurion if ROTJ. I think that's a miss when we re-did these last time - I mean if it doesn't have to be extended, how would one know it has a folding stock, and why only for ROTJ & not ESB?

Well, I certainly am not at a level where I write CRLs, but I will add my 2 cents:

I believe that the blaster has to be ROTJ because that is the type that is used by the TKCs in The Force Unleashed.(Which is where the CRL is derived from???)

Also, I am not sure I understand your folding stock question. I wasn't aware that having a functioning folding stock was necessary for ANY of the CRLs, even Centurion. If so, that is surprising. It would be very difficult, as you would almost have to have a deactived Sterling to have this option, and those can cost as much as armor. That would be very impractical IMHO.

So as it reads in the TKC CRL for EI. E-11 ESB for approval. ROTJ style E-11 (should be) in the extended position for EI, for Centurion (will be) in the extended position. I say forgo the blasters all together and get a Starkiller lightsaber. :duim:

For EI (should be in the extended position) not "shall" that is for only for the ROTJ style Centurion. When I did/worked on the TKC CRL, I knew since the game E11 had the stock extended, that it needed to have something in there about it.

Then why are ESB OK but not ANH? Also, since many of the screen caps show no holster, perhaps it can be omitted at EI or Centurion? I ask in that this is how the HWT is too, and there's no holster on the game references for that either.

In the game the E11 is a type of ROTJ with extended stock (also known as E11B)

http://starwars.wiki...b_blaster_rifle

But before we had the game skins, the E11 looks more like the dressed ESB (no greebles) than the ANH that has the counter/power cylinders etc... So for a closer alternative, the ESB style was kept in.

-------------

As for the Holster. When the CRL were originally made, people asked if they could have an holster (because they wanted to be able to holster their E11 sometime at troops/events). I used the only reference for a TKC having a holster, which is the Sideshow. This was ask about before: ------- Since the TKC did have a reference (Sideshow) it could fall under the EI. It should also read "Holster may be omitted from this costume." I will fix that. ;)

As for the HWT holster, the same thing (people asked if they could have an holster) Since the HWT does not have any reference of having a holster, it was not allowed for EI, only basic approval.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks for the background Tom.

Here is what I'd like to propose:

1. If we're going to allow the ESB E-11 for base 501st, we should allow the ANH E-11 for base 501st as well.

2. Have the extended stock just be for Centurion.

2. Have the holster be allowed (but not required) for Basic CRL, and removed from EI & above.

The action figure is basically a painted ANH trooper, and I'm not sure should be given precedence for CRL over the game references.

Does that sound OK?

On 3/29/2012 at 1:23 AM, Daetrin said:

1. If we're going to allow the ESB E-11 for base 501st, we should allow the ANH E-11 for base 501st as well.

Basically, the base 501st approval for All TK E11 states:

''Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster."

So you can use anything you want for the weapon as long as it's ''based on the Sterling sub-machine gun" for basic 501st approval. If anyone wants to, for their basic E11, they can have anything they want for greeblies...You can have or not have: counter, power cylinders, etc.........

In fact, it states in all TK CRLs:

"Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval, but if present must meet the guidelines below."

There again you do not need a weapon for basic 501st approval.

IMHO, that the ESB style should not be allowed at all, only the ROTJ. But this would limit the EI apps, The ANH E11 is waaayy off from what is in the game to be in the mix and could confuse someone new to the TKC CRL.

2. Have the extended stock just be for Centurion.

The ROTJ Style Centurion does state:

Folding stock shall be in the extended position.

The extended stock is a should for the ESB and ROTJ in the EI level, not a Shall.

Folding stock (should be in the extended position).

And the ESB does not have a Centurion level.

2. Have the holster be allowed (but not required) for Basic CRL, and removed from EI & above.

I have been working on better verbiage and clarification for ALL the TK CRLs (Basic /EI / Centurion) and will be posted soon for all the TK members to look at and discuss. Have patience ;)

The action figure is basically a painted ANH trooper, and I'm not sure should be given precedence for CRL over the game references.

If you are having reference to the Sideshow Statue, We do not use it or the action figure for the paint reference, because the Game Model came before them..... but if, and I do mean if someone is going to have a holster we had to use the only reference there is which is the sideshow/action figure.

If you read my post in this link:  ---------- I said: In the future, the Centurion may end up saying: holster is not allowed.

You said from same thread:

On 12/9/2011 at 10:47 AM, Daetrin said:

Thanks Tom - that clears it up. I'll agree that at some point Centurion should say "no holster".

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks Tom - so where does that leave me today for an EI submission? From what I can see I can have a hyperfirm ESB E-11, but will have to add a holster for EI, even though I'd have to take it off for Centurion? Should I be able to leave the holster off for EI?

I know there is what the CRL states as of today, but am wondering if that's going to be firm for awhile or is the holster thing worth revisiting again?

Thanks Tom - so where does that leave me today for an EI submission? From what I can see I can have a hyperfirm ESB E-11, but will have to add a holster for EI, even though I'd have to take it off for Centurion? Should I be able to leave the holster off for EI?

I know there is what the CRL states as of today, but am wondering if that's going to be firm for awhile or is the holster thing worth revisiting again?

The TKC EI does state:

Holster should be omitted from this costume.

"Should" is the key word". This word allows you (or anyone) make your own decision, with or without a holster....Either way, is EI approval-able (Burger King motto: Have it your way)

:D

Hopefully with the discussion about the holster and belt requirements in the Detachment only area, all TK CRLs will be strengthen and better clarification

:duim: .

• 5 months later...

I see that you were the one that purchased it off of Ebay from Slave1Pilot. I got one of those too..They are very cool, have fun Vern. :Laser:

FYI, in the near future there will also be in the TKC CRL the E11b ( the really correct blaster for the TKC) more in coming soon....... :duim:

On 9/6/2012 at 9:36 AM, TK Bondservnt 2392 said:

since I'm going for the highest level of TKC out of the box, I just had to purchase the MGC japan sterling copy.

the greeblie stunt or ie snowtrooper?

with extended stock?

so centurion is going to have 2 blasters and a pistol and a lightsabre?

can I carry them all?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392