Noah's RT-Mod ESB build

NastyNoah

I can not get the left side of my back piece to set correctly. Is it acceptable to add a strap from the chest to the back to keep it down?

p1170218.jpg

For some strange reason the right always fits perfect. I think this piece is just a bit asymmetrical.

I did my first full test fit tonight and had my wife take some photos with my old 2 megapixel camera to find out she is a horrible photographer. Out of about 25 pictures these are the best and as you can see below they are not very good. Any ways tell me what you think and please be brutal. I wont to keep working on this project and have a fine suit of armor that will astonish people and make me proud. So please let me know what needs to be changed, fixed, etc... I can take it.

p1180219q.jpgp1180220.jpg

p1180221z.jpgp1180233.jpg

p1180234.jpgp1180232e.jpg

p1180227m.jpgp1180238.jpg

See what I mean by the bad picture quality. I will have to get someone else to take some pictures of me Saturday, maybe with a higher resolution camera too.

If you see anything that needs work pleas, please, please point it out !!!!!!

Looks like your thighs need to be rotated inward some, especially the right thigh. Also, bring up the belt in the back so that it sits right above your butt plate - not covering it like you show now.

Looking really good Noah.

There should be more TK's rocking guitars!

Thanks Bud !!!!

i wouldn't recommend posing with a prized or vintage guitar, I noticed afterwards that my 45 degree belt corners had dug into the back of my axe. I'm just glad it wasn't my Les Paul.

Looks like your thighs need to be rotated inward some, especially the right thigh. Also, bring up the belt in the back so that it sits right above your butt plate - not covering it like you show now.

I knew my belt was sagging. I think I am going to add a snap in the back to prevent this in the future. How do I keep the thighs from rotating? Should I trim them up a bit to decrease the circumference? I think they are tad to large as is right now.

i wouldn't recommend posing with a prized or vintage guitar, I noticed afterwards that my 45 degree belt corners had dug into the back of my axe. I'm just glad it wasn't my Les Paul.

Sadly, my prized LP already suffers from buckle rash.

how are they being held up? the strap that is holding them just needs to be pushed in more towards your center. about your back, i have straps from kidney to back plate. helps hold lower part up and keep back plate in place. if you have your belt tight enough it won't sag in the back. you might need to put a snap or velcro in the front to keep it in place though. looking good!

how are they being held up? the strap that is holding them just needs to be pushed in more towards your center. about your back, i have straps from kidney to back plate. helps hold lower part up and keep back plate in place. if you have your belt tight enough it won't sag in the back. you might need to put a snap or velcro in the front to keep it in place though. looking good!

On the thighs I have a piece of elastic on each one going to my cod piece. My belt I just have some velcro in the front, I will put some velcro in the back or add a snap once I finish my TD.

Here are a few pictures from our Easter egg hunt.

img0441u.jpg

img0434pg.jpg

img0436jy.jpg

img0449ga.jpg

It was too hot for the neck seal plus no one there would notice I was not wearing it.

PAINTING THE VOCODER

Was going over the CRL tonight when I noticed this.

Vocoder (vertically ribbed chin detail) is painted black. So I pulled off RT-Mod Rob's sticker and I busted out the paints and here is what it looks like now.

p1270251.jpg

p1270252.jpg

p1270255j.jpg

I am just two belt clips away from 501st now.

Edited by NastyNoah

I couldn't take it any more and slapped together a quick, easy, and temporary TD tonight. This was the only known part I still needed before being able to submit my photos for 501st acceptance.

p1270261u.jpg

I started with the back piece of plastic everyone recommends not using and then added some one inch clips I picked up at Tandy leather during one of my many snap runs. Since this is only a temporary thing I glued the metal clips directly to the plastic. I wouldn't do this as a permanent solution I just want to get some pictures of me with the whole get up on.

p1270256.jpg

Not too bad for a temp job.

p1270257.jpg

Once I get the accurate clips from Jess in I should be up to EIB standards.

p1270258.jpg

Hopefully I can find some one willing to snap the pictures of me and have the TK number added to my profile this week.

the only thing I see, and it's probably just something I prefer, is your back doesn't overlap you kidney. Not sure if it is a requirement without looking but I just think it looks better if it overlaps. In the pics it all looks good to me besides that. Good job and congrats.

Dude... if I had to nitpick... and I can't stop myself... you have two of the same problems I do/did.

Your chest should come down some. Do you have any elastic going from chest to ab? If so tighten it up lots and lengthen your should elastic. I actually redid my shoulder bridges too but I don't think you'll need to. Bringing the chest down can also help bring the entire back of your torso up a little if it feels like your butt is sagging but still lined up well.

And maybe use some shorter elastic between back and kidney to make that line up better... something I struggle with. Or maybe

It looks like you have a ton of room your thighs. After you troop for a while and get used to the kit maybe think about trimming them a bit... unless you find you dig them that way then don't listen to me.

Drop box placement with the long RT belt is tough but I think you did a better job than I did.

Nicely done brotherman. I can't wait to see the (I think) first RT-MOD ESB EIB... ASAP PDQ LOL.

Aloha,

-Eric

Should Have My TK ID In A Day Or Two

Thanks for the support Jim, and thanks for nit picking my armor Travis, and Eric. I am taking everyone's advice, and making adjustments tonight. I dropped my cod piece down about an inch tonight which brings up the torso a bit. I took Darth Alohas advice and lengthened up my chest to back straps and this brought the chest and back down a bit. I did a quick test fit in just my boxers (sorry no pictures) and was happy with the results. An unforeseen side effect of bringing the torso up was that it closed in my side gaps just a little. The only possible strapping I have left is attaching the back to the kidney, or running a strap from my chest to my back under my armpits to keep the chest and back pieces in place better. Once I am satisfied with that I will order some electronics and after a few troops I may close in the thighs some.

As for my TK ID I received this message from my GML today.

You should receive an email from the main legion server in the next day or two with your ID#.

Congratulations!

Should Have My TK ID In A Day Or Two

Thanks for the support Jim, and thanks for nit picking my armor Travis, and Eric. I am taking everyone's advice, and making adjustments tonight. I dropped my cod piece down about an inch tonight which brings up the torso a bit. I took Darth Alohas advice and lengthened up my chest to back straps and this brought the chest and back down a bit. I did a quick test fit in just my boxers (sorry no pictures) and was happy with the results. An unforeseen side effect of bringing the torso up was that it closed in my side gaps just a little. The only possible strapping I have left is attaching the back to the kidney, or running a strap from my chest to my back under my armpits to keep the chest and back pieces in place better. Once I am satisfied with that I will order some electronics and after a few troops I may close in the thighs some.

As for my TK ID I received this message from my GML today.

You should receive an email from the main legion server in the next day or two with your ID#.

Congratulations!

Before you take any advice about makign your back and kidney overlap or lowering your chest, take a look at screen grabs of original suits and then decide whether the advice is correct.

esb-00099.jpg

esb-00091.jpg

esb-00098.jpg

esb-00089.jpg

esb-00062.jpg

esb-00019.jpg

Oh yeah. ESB. Good point Rich. I have such an ANH stunt frame of mind.

I don't understand. These are the same suits, fastened in the same way (apart from those which were damaged and taped). So the positioning of the chest and back is the same.

ScreenShot72450.jpg

ScreenShot72455.jpg

ScreenShot72398.jpg

cani3.jpg

Anyway, the broader point is that the original suits are the only visual reference you need.

Rich: To me the ESB troopers' chests always look higher up than the ANH stunts. Way less space between the bottom of the chest and the ab plate buttons.

The massive space also may be the same effect I have in my RT-MOD... I've got a really long torso with totally different proportions than the little english dudes at Elstree.

-Eric

• Like 1