TK boots feel a bit loose

I got my new boots and they feel a bit loose. Especially around the ankle and when I lift my foot it kind of drops off my foot. I wear a 10 and ordered 9.5 shoes once and they were tight. I have taken pictures as you can see below. Can people post pictures of what their leg looks like with the boot on, like with your pantleg rolled up? Just want to see how much loose leather there should be around the ankles. Also, for the sake of argument, I was wearing cotton ankle high socks.

Thanks guys!!

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I noticed the same thing. I think usually the way I lace my shoes helps them fit more snuggly for my normal size, but that isn't an option for TK Boots of course. I got some insoles and thicker socks, and around the house that seems to work well at least. I'll need to try them out trooping to say for sure.

I recently got a pair of 11's (which is what I wear in my street shoes). They were too big. So I sent them back for a pair of 10s. Hoping they land next week for me and are a better fit.

You should totally let us know how the 10s feel when they come.

I wear 11 street shoes and my 11 TK boots fit me perfectly. I've had no problem with them. My feet don't come out or slip out. I wear a dive skin, and then wear black dress socks. Also, I have velcro that sticks to the inside of the boot and that attaches to the inside of the shins.

I just got a new pair, also. I bought them because of the "higher up" ankles, as I was having a problem with my calf pieces coming up over the tops of my last pair. The top part does indeed feel a little looser than the old ones. But I wear an 8 and 1/2 so my 9s have always been a little loose. But once I switched out the thick gel inserts I had in my old ones and put on my usual 2 pair of socks, they seemed about the same fit as my older ones. I did a test run by just putting on the calves and walking around in them for awhile. Seems about the same. But, having a shoe size with a "1/2" in it, between Caboots and TKboots I've never gotten a "perfect" fit.

Man, why couldn't Stormtroopers have just worn sneakers? :laugh1:

I should try insoles? I just don't want to have to buy them again as I just went through this with my recent diveskin purchase. It arrived and was too small, and had to be sent back which cost me an additional ten buck for the return shipping. I'm trying to avoid it, but worst case, I could order new ones in a 9 and sell my tens here for a discount.

I implore you, what is the make and model of "thick gel" insoles used most by members for comfort and fit? I have begun breaking them in and, while they do fit a bit better, I can tell insoles would make these better. Especially while trooping for a long time.

Edited by bigtrev503

I got my replacement boots yesterday from TK. I got a size 10 this time. I did not have any issues with the ankles like what you have in the pictures - my size 11s were just way too big (my foot had about an extra 1"+ front to back).

The size 10's were a better fit. Still just a bit of front to back room even with my normal Hanes sock, but much better than the 11's. i think once I drop in an insole and possibly a thicker sock (I really don't want a thicker sock) that they will be a perfect fit.

Again, my issue was that I wear a street shoe (vans/hawks) in size 11, but the TK boots in size 11 were way too big on me. If there wan't shipping costs back and forth, I may have even tried on a 9.5 to see if it would be a better fit than the 10. But the 10 is close enough that I can live with it.

Hope you've resolved your issue with your TK boots.

I implore you, what is the make and model of "thick gel" insoles used most by members for comfort and fit? I have begun breaking them in and, while they do fit a bit better, I can tell insoles would make these better. Especially while trooping for a long time.

I don't think there is any particular model of insert anyone uses. Just go to your local Walmart and look in the "feet" section. they have tons of different kinds there. Just grab the thickest one you see. Most inserts have to be cut in order to fit to your size. I will say this, I bought some thick ones and they were hard to get into the boot right. You've really got to use some finese to get them in there.

I ended up finding insoles that are made for shoes that are too big for you. They're called Dr. Scholl's air pillo. here's a link

---------

EDIT: I got these insoles in the mail just after posting this and they make a huge difference! I highly recommend them for anyone who is wondering which ones to get. They're a lot cheaper than the gel ones, too.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I should try insoles? I just don't want to have to buy them again as I just went through this with my recent diveskin purchase. It arrived and was too small, and had to be sent back which cost me an additional ten buck for the return shipping. I'm trying to avoid it, but worst case, I could order new ones in a 9 and sell my tens here for a discount.

Sorry for to answer so late on your question.

With insoles i mean foot orthotics. I have to wear them in all my boots. And they fit also very nice in my TK boots.

Without them , my TK boots were also a little bit to wide.

But not so much on the ankle as yours.Maybe it's a manufacturing error.

The newer batch of TK boots are a bit more loose and bigger in general, I own the older model in size 12 as well as the newer size 12 and the latter are significantly larger.

Here's a pic:

6815440156_81b17e4e72_b.jpg

Old ones left, new ones right.

I think if I knew beforehand that the newer model boot tends to be more loose fitting being the same size, I'd have ordered a size 11 instead.

Edited by ObiHahn

Hi - this is just my own personal experience. I'm usually a 10. I ordered a 9 and I could stand to have ordered an 8 probably. But to be honest, an 8 while "fitting" better may not be as comfy as the 9's I have now with nice gel in-soles. I guess what I'm sayng and from what I've seen on the forums, 1 size smaller is pretty much what you should get (but will still be a little big).

• 1 year later...