My first helmet build

M Rose

So here is my ATA helmet! Just looking to get any feedback and views from you guys. This is my first piece of armor to finish and was a bit nerve racking! I followed along with Pandatroopers "how to" which was very helpful. I wish i would have painted the inside of the helmet black, which I might still might do (I can completely disassemble my helmet since I didn't use any rivets), but thought I would get some opinions here first!

8ETyNdg.jpg

P5BGUVw.jpg

xjWDkSN.jpg

KCLivQd.jpg

Looks great to me. I'll be tackling an ATA kit in a couple months and I'm a slight bit nervous about screwing it up. Seeing great results from a first time armor builder makes me feel a lot better about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully someone can help me out here! Someone ealier mentioned making sure I had the tubestripe templates on the correct side of the helmet. After not getting a very good opinion as to which are right or left from my husband, I decided to ask here so I can get to painting!

post-15593-0-55945900-1330211788_thumb.jpg

If you are looking at the helmet straight on from the front, your right hand side has 16 stripes and the left has 15. Your pic of the stencils are left and right respectivly if you are facing the helmet

Also when you are putting the stencils on ,take your time and make sure you press around the edges good. When I painted mine one side took a while to get the stencil to lay down smooth. You will probibly get some small specs of paint that seaped under the stencil, but the next day when the paint is dry you can remove these with a toothpick.