Special forces-type build

So a few months ago I made a special forces themed costume for the last day of year 12. Here's what it looked like:

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

However, now that it's all done and dusted and I haven't worn it for a long time, I am thinking of giving it a bit of an upgrade.

See, I was aiming to make it look S.W.A.T-like, but never really achieved that. I thought to myself, what can I model this costume after?

So after a bit of research I decided it was a bit too expensive and time-consuming to try and make it look like anything from a movie/game.

Instead, I am going to make it into my own thing! Basically what I am going for is an advanced combat outfit that looks sorta futuristic. :D I have some old metal I found ont he side of the road that I might spray paint and then sew onto parts of the suit too. Hell, I could go for a future apocalypse spec ops survivor look or whatever I want to really. The prospects for where I can take this are endless.

I'm starting by changing the face mask, as I never really liked the massive goggles on it. So I took them apart and am just going to use the lower-face portion. I added some mesh leftover from my MTK build to add to the slots in the mouth to add bit of character too.

How it used to look

IMG_0936.jpg

How it looks now

IMG_0941.jpg

So that in itself should lend to the 'advanced gear' look. I might end up adding some more to it, maybe giving it a slight paint job or something. Maybe even add small O2 canister things down the sides? Not sure yet, but that would look cool. :D

Now, a futuristic soldier needs more advanced looking weapony, no? :) I own a Nerf Alpha trooper and a Nerf Stampede, both of which are going to get painted flat black and then given a silver coat on certain areas. Again, I might add some modifications to these to make them look even better, but that is for later. :)

Covering up the black to do the silver areas

IMG_0944.jpg

Silver areas painted

IMG_0947.jpg

Silver areas painted

IMG_0945.jpg

Silver covered and black repainted

IMG_0946.jpg

More to come! Stay tuned. :)

Edited by Spectre

Haha yeah, it'd be cool to make it an Umbrella Corp. outift. :P Maybe that'll be on the agenda soon, I'm becoming obsessed with cosplays. :laugh1:

Costume addiction is the best, I'd have nothing else to do otherwise. ;)

Looks like a fun costume, it'll be interesting to see how you add the metal.

Oh, and you need to work on your trigger discipline.

Probably drill holes around the edges and then sew it onto a jacket or something, or maybe make a vest for it and sew it to that. There's a few ways I could do it.

Trigger discipline? O.o

I cant stop thinking airsoft player, when I see the mask ;)

Haha it is an airsoft mask. ;) But I can't get airsoft guns in Australia. :< So I can't be an airsoft player :( They're used mainly for paintball in Australia.

Thanks Andrew. :)

Trigger discipline? O.o

I know that is just a toy, but it's generally a good idea to keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you are ready to fire, and seeing people pose for pictures with their finger on the trigger is a pet-peeve of mine. ;)

Train like you fight.

That sucks!

You can get the gear, but not the guns?? Bummer.

Glad I live in Denmark then :)

Exactly. :( We have a relatively good supplier of toy guns here, but just not ones that fire pellets or any form of slugs.

http://www.armouredheaven.com.au/index.php/

These people are awesome, and sometimes they have more guns than they currently do, other times they have less. It's the luck of the draw I guess haha

I know that is just a toy, but it's generally a good idea to keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you are ready to fire, and seeing people pose for pictures with their finger on the trigger is a pet-peeve of mine. ;)

Train like you fight.

Oh, I see. I've always held every toy gun I've owned by the trigger. Force of habit I guess. :P I'll be sure to avoid that in future pics. ;)

I like the saying too. :)

My eventual career goal is a special forces operative, so naturally this sorta stuff is of great interest to me. Also if anyone has any pics of similar costumes they've made, feel free to post up pics. :) Any motivation/comparison is welcome. :D

I'm hoping to get my gun license soon, and get a rifle of some sort to shoot with (duh, what else. :lol:) and practise my aim. It'd make for good pics too I guess. :P

My eventual career goal is a special forces operative, so naturally this sorta stuff is of great interest to me. Also if anyone has any pics of similar costumes they've made, feel free to post up pics. :) Any motivation/comparison is welcome. :D

While it's not exactly a "costume" I'll try to get a picture for motivation the next time I'm all geared up.

Here are some photo's for you to use as a reference for your SF costume. I will include two and one of some kit. Enjoy and I hope your time in SFAS and the Q course are filled with fun memories (if you do pursue the dream, De Oppresso Liber). I'm not too posting picture savvy so hopefully this works the first time. Faces have been blackened out for obvious Opsec reasons and to protect the identity of the operators. No Airsoft here :laugh1:

http://Boddie.jpghttp://sftools.jpghttp://sftimk.jpg