Almost Done, please give constructive criticism [*AM]

I know I'm missing the following:

Neck seal

Drop boxes

Paint on knee plate rivets

Thermal Detonator

They will all be on tomorrow and I will submit photos then, but for the time being:

Front

N5E8VHn.jpg

Back:

20W5VRo.jpg

Left:

DSC_0016.jpg

Right:

FJEyi0p.jpg

Note: I have MONSTER thighs and calves which is the reason I went with the AM kit. It was a struggle to get the parts to look (IMO) appropriate on me. I think the calves are wonky but because my actual calves are weird shaped I don't know what to do.

Special thanks to Brandyn and Plastic Fury from the Everglades Squad for all the help in this build!

Its a good base. here's my suggestions:

- make the thighs smaller / more fitted and shorter if possible

- the calves aren't assembled properly (the overlap is on the wrong side), so you have the armor pieces on the wrong legs

- if you can, make the torso smaller / more fitted

- raise the back

- trim the sides of the chest (if you can, reshape the bottom edge)

- the biceps look a bit big for your arms?

Just my 2 cents. AM kits require more work than other sometimes if you want them to look proper. :)

Its a good base. here's my suggestions:

- make the thighs smaller / more fitted and shorter if possible

- the calves aren't assembled properly (the overlap is on the wrong side), so you have the armor pieces on the wrong legs

- if you can, make the torso smaller / more fitted

- raise the back

- trim the sides of the chest (if you can, reshape the bottom edge)

- the biceps look a bit big for your arms?

Just my 2 cents. AM kits require more work than other sometimes if you want them to look proper. :)

Hey Terry,

- The thighs are already tight, not sure how I would get my leg in if i pulled the cover strips off and resized them. As far as length, Plastic Fury pulled an inch off already and was wary about taking more off to avoid huge gaps between the calves or the cod.

- I don't understand "the calves are not assembled properly", I *originally* put them together outsides to outsides, insides to insides, then pulled them apart (god bless e6000) and redid them properly. As I'm using the butt-join/cover strip method I was told to have the outside half overlap the inside. did I do that backwards?

- Torso is right against me, unless I drop the 30lbs I need to it's tight.

- How would you suggest raising the back? Trim the bottom edge? (Plastic Fury and I cut off a good chunk already on the bottom)

- "sides of the chest" you mean where the arms go or below where it almost meets the back?

- biceps fit, I am just able to get my hands through them and if they are not snapped to shoulder and my arm is straight they don't move.

Thanks for the suggestions, hope you don't mind clarifying. I referred a lot to your build.

i sent you a link via PM for the shin problem. it is hard to tell in the photos but they do appear to be incorrectly assembled.

this tutorial explains in detail how to get them right and they will also be more comfortable ---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

@ Pandatrooper and Dashrazor: Thank you guys for the comments. I took the suggestions and reversed the knee plate and filled the holes.

@Tkresonva: I didn't see your message till after I had taken my submission pix but those are on my "to do list".

I hope these are good enough for approval.

7bwVSTj.jpg

YjiHCTh.jpg

7tr9Wuw.jpg

YKt2jTj.jpg

4nbpVV1.jpg

x2I83En.jpg

TVV8OFN.jpg

On 1/26/2012 at 1:45 PM, dork_jedi said:

Stop! In the name of the empire... Before you break my heart.

No?

Ok.... Imperial crossing guard helping tiny tk's cross Main St Coruscant.

No?

You put your left hand plate in... You take your leff hand plate out... You do the trooper pokey and you turn yourself about....

No?

The humpty dance is your chance to do the hump...

No?

Attempting world record for continuous moon walk while trooping?

No?

Ok... I'll stop.

• 1 month later...

Hey Mike,

Yes, I got accepted! (TK8603)

Nope, no changes to the shoulder bells, though I got a recommendation to shorten them a bit this past weekend.

other changes I've made (and still have to make)

I replaced the nylon taint strap with elastic, also the straps that I use to keep the chest and back close to the ab/kidney (respectively)

I replaced the nylon strap from the shoulder bells to the shoulder with elastic because if I overstretched my bells would snap off on me.

Be careful with your calves, I put mine together wrong, there's a problem with the AM molds and still need to fix them.

I was having all sorts of problems with my calves turning so I put a snap on the outside of my ankles on the elastic part of my boots to connect to the calf, they haven't turned yet, but are a bit og f a pain to line up and snap.

My forearms are still a bit large on me and I am probably going to need to cut them apart and take a little girth off of them.

I have to finish my thermal detonator, just been strapped for time on weeknights and been having too much fun trooping to fix it.

I'm home from work for the remainder of this week and depending on how I feel I may be able to get some more of these fixes finished.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a tutorial for the correct way to assemble AM shins mate, it helped me do mine and they came out awesome. :)

I saw that when I saw the CRL change specific to the AM kit. With all the modifications I had to do with my AM kit I think what I'm going to end up doing is when I free up some cash, I'll buy an ATA kit, build that, (shimming out the thighs) then sell the AM. i think it will be less headaches in the long run based on my height and weight. I think I made a mistake going with the AM.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think the AM kit looks BAD per se, I just think I, personally, would look better in an ATA kit.

Edited by dork_jedi