Lego Star Wars costumes

What got me interested in building costumes was this past Halloween our 7 year old son wanted to be the Lego Joker from the Lego Batman series of toys and the video game. Since this is not a commerically available costume me and my wife decided we would try to make it for him. It took us several weeks of trial and error but when we finished it we were very happy with the results.

023cu.jpg

This is how it came out

With this costume he won both costume contests we attended and he was featured on the front page of the comicsalliance website. And that was all it took for me to go crazy about costuming. After Halloween I spent the next 6 weeks in my shed making more Lego themed characters. I now have 8 completed heads taking up the majority of work space out there. I thought I would share my Star Wars themed ones with everyone here.

img1829e.jpg

This one of course is Han Solo. I used a 12" concrete form tube, then cut foam insulation board to fit into the tube for the bottom. For the hair I had to stack rings of foam to get the correct hieght then I glued them together and sanded it down to get the right shape.

img1828pa.jpg

This is my Slave Leia

img1830b.jpg

Farm boy Luke.

My original plan was for the family to attend the next convention dressed as these characters but ever since I have found out about the FSID these costumes have been put on hold until another time. I still plan on finishing these but it probably wont happen until after I have trooped a bit.

So let me know what you think ?

If you want to know more about the materials I used and see pice of the buiding process just ask.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi All,
I thought I would share the Lego Boba Fett Costume I did for the Motor City Comic Con. It took about 3 months to finish. I rushed to get it done for the Con. I still need an antenna, cape, gun and put some fans in it ( I sweated my butt off) but it was pretty comfortable. The helmet is HD foam, the body is printed foamcore and the arms and legs are polyfoam. I wanted to be able to bend my arms and legs. I have a Cliffnotes version of the WIP on the Legion board.

Thanks,

G-man

Lego1_zps2a5deffc.jpg954813_10151722223904623_1671201031_n_zp

Lego4_zps703ef27a.jpg

Edited by G-man
  • Like 1