Want to be a Stormtrooper

Hey,

I'm brand new to the FISD and I'm looking into purchasing my very own Stormtrooper ANH Hero armor! I have been hearing a lot of good things about FX armor and that around 96% of all 501st members are using it! Is it a good idea to purchase this armor? I want to buy an affordable armor! Also, I want to know if the Aker MR1506 is a good type of mic for the armor? I'm also looking for a 501st acceptable and afforadble bodysuit! Finally, what do most prefer, nomex or rubber gloves?

Thanks for the help!

Welcome Boba!

May I suggest this thread to start Getting Started

You will notice FX is now AM.

The armor you should get depends on your body type. The TKs in the OT (original trilogy), were roughly 5'9" - 5'11" and around 150-170 lbs. If you are with in that, I would suggest either ATA or AP armor. If you are above that, RT-MOD or AM...AM being the cheaper but not as screen accurate of the larger armors.

The Aker amp you speak of IMHO is the best bang for your buck. Can't go wrong with Jim's stuff.

Bodysuit is more of a preference rather than anything. Some like the two piece under armour. Both Heat Gear and Cold Gear. Others like myself, like the Henderson Dive Skin. A one piece suit. Again, there's others out there and it just depends on what works best for you. The Under Armour is around $50 per piece, the dive skin is $50.

Rubber gloves are canon, but nomex flight gloves are much more comfy. I use the rubber ones for high profile events only.

If you have any other questions, PLEASE, feel free to ask away! We are here to help!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thank you! I noticed that the ATA is untrimmed and I really want the armor already trimmed! Do you have any suggestions on the AM and RT armor (I want afforadable and looking like the actual Stormtrooper ANH Hero? Also, where can I buy the henderson dive suit and is it approved by the 501st?

Thanks for the help! I REALLY appreciate it!

Edited by Boba Skywalker3

I got an AM kit and it is super large. I'm 6'4", 210 and it was too big for me. So, you are still going to be trimming. ANY kit you get, you are going to trim.... There is no kit that is going to fit you automatically right out the box.

Also note that the AM bucket is HUGE (formerly FX) and among the elitist it's going to be phased out eventually. It's already getting that way in Centurion status.

I'm going to turn my AM into a Death Trooper, that way I can totally screw it up and no one will care too much, I'm hoping.

And I'm going to replace it with an ATA kit.

Edited by Trooper324

On 1/10/2012 at 6:50 AM, Boba Skywalker3 said:

Thank you! I noticed that the ATA is untrimmed and I really want the armor already trimmed! Do you have any suggestions on the AM and RT armor (I want afforadable and looking like the actual Stormtrooper ANH Hero? Also, where can I buy the henderson dive suit and is it approved by the 501st?

Thanks for the help! I REALLY appreciate it!

If you are 6' and 150, you will drown in AM and RT. I strongly suggest ATA for the accuracy and affordability. Either way, you will have to do some trimming. IDK, maybe Terrell will pre-trim it for a fee. Contact him. He's not your only hope, but your best bet.

The Henderson dive skin can be found here: ------

Hero or stunt is a matter of helmet lenses and holster rivets. Check out a few build threads and you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.

In my first post I included a thread link, it has ATA's contact info.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 1/10/2012 at 8:34 AM, SolderMaster said:

If you are 6' and 150, you will drown in AM and RT. I strongly suggest ATA for the accuracy and affordability. Either way, you will have to do some trimming. IDK, maybe Terrell will pre-trim it for a fee. Contact him. He's not your only hope, but your best bet.

The Henderson dive skin can be found here -------

Hero or stunt is a matter of helmet lenses and holster rivets. Check out a few build threads and you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.

In my first post I included a thread link, it has ATA's contact info.

Thank you for your help! I really do appreciate it! Also, is www.tkboots.com a good seller for the stormtrooper boots? Finally, where is a good place to get a neck seal?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

TKBoots.com is a great place to get boots. I have another pair on the way myself. Tho, to be totally movie accurate, you can get black Chelsea boots and paint them white.

Many of us have TK409's neckseal. LadySewForUs is another excellent maker of neck seals. Of course, it depends on the type your're looking for also. And what materials you are comfotable with. Check out the Ongoing Sales section of the Imperial Commisary for other makers.

Any other questions? FIRE AWAY!!!

:dancing-trooper:

Edited by SolderMaster

On 1/10/2012 at 9:44 AM, SolderMaster said:

TKBoots.com is a great place to get boots. I have another pair on the way myself. Tho, to be totally movie accurate, you can get black Chelsea boots and paint them white.

Many of us have TK409's neckseal. LadySewForUs is another excellent maker of neck seals. Of course, it depends on the type your're looking for also. And what materials you are comfotable with. Check out the Ongoing Sales section of the Imperial Commisary for other makers.

Any other questions? FIRE AWAY!!!

:dancing-trooper:

Thank you soo much for all your help! :icon_bow: This is the link I am looking at using to buy by gloves. I decided on nomex gloves. How do these look to you? Would you reccommend them?  ----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

getting the AP trimmed can be fun to assemble.

it's great stuff!

you need to be small enough for it.

5 11 150lbs with thin arms.

best way to be sure it fits is you just order it trimmed, then you can assemble it overlapping or butt join

your choice!

With your body type, I'd go with AP! The ATA is supposed to be good too. I just know AP makes a great product and has great customer service. This is just my opinion. I was in your boat about two-three months ago with trying to start my build and deciding on an armor. Just make sure you take your time and read and research as much as you can. It seems overwhelming at first, but after a few weeks and months, you'll be super knowledgeable and be able to help out other future TK's. Also check with your local garrison as some of its members can help point you in the right direction and assist on your build. GOOD LUCK TROOPER!

Edited by jedi tacos