boots for girls?!?!

hello there!!!!!

my goal and new years resolution this year is to get my TK ready for CVI!!!!!

i've been reading and wondering around this forum since last year, but now it is time to get super duper serious about it!!!

(btw... just tried on part of my CO's tk this past weekend and almost had a sort of excitement attack!!! hahahah i just can't wait to do this now!!)

among the many many many many many many many many questions i have, one thing i have not seen yet addressed in here is about boots for the girls.

i contacted tkboots this weekend and all their sizes are men's. which means that their smallest one, will still be too big for me.

(i'm size 5. can def get away with a 6, especially boots)

but he told me men's 6 is more like women's 7, 7 1/2 =(

so ... what do you girls with small feet do???? and where did you your boots??

i found these

----------

are ANY of these good??

they are all jodhpur boots as the CRL asks....

of course they would require loads of painting =S but that's ok!!!!!

thank you

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

At a quick glance I'd say yes, you could use the first pair;

--------

They are the closest to the originals from what I can tell, and seem to look really good actually.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Those look sorta like the same ones I have.

Here's some picts of mine: ------------

Make sure you prep the boots before painting. I used acetone and scrubbed the heck out of them with those green kitchen bristle pads. Did that for about a day or two. It left them really roughed up and removed a lot of the black shoe dye.

At that point I started painting and put may many layers on.

But now, those are going to be my backup boots because my brand new TK Boots arrive TODAY! :) (And these are the ones with the higher ankle so they don't slip out from under your shins)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

ooooh that is actually AWESOME news!!! i was sooo worried about the shoes!!!! i was already planning on "stuffing" my boots hahahahahaha

i am actually go ahead and buy them!!!

they will be my very first TK purchase!!! YEEEEY!!!!!!

Matt thanks for the tips!!!

i will sure need TONS of advices.

=D

wow matt your boots look great!!!!!

Edited by gattirenata

got the boots today!!!!

i love them!!!

i mean... they are not the kind of shoes i'd wear on a regular day... hahahahhaha but they fit awesome and were super comfortable... for the 5 minutes i wore them at home!!! lol hopefully they will feel the same after an hour or so of trooping!!! =P

here they are!!!

sorry for the bad picture. just found out the battery in my camera is dead and my phone doesn't have flash!!! =S

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

thanks everybody!!!!!

i love these boots!!! ok, ok, i confess i think they are ugly!!! hahahahah but they are very comfortable!!!!

besides... they are OFFICIALLY the very first bit of my stormtrooper!!! and how cool is THAT?!?!?!?! lol

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The Angelus Acrylic Paint is really good. I've used it on my boots and the results where brilliant.

Your boots look really good and the finisher will make them even better.

What i've found is good is that this paint seems to cover like a plastic film which does not crack when you walk, although it will mark easily, but then that makes it even more authentic :D

Edited by Angevine

that's good!! i guess as long as it doesn't crack and show the black underneath it it's all good!!!!

actually in between coats, when it was completely dried, i scratched with my nails to test it!!!! nothing came out!!!

i'm pretty happy with the results.

i haven't done the finisher yet... got to do some other projects this weekend, but will probably do it this week... i'll post pics when i'm done!