Helmet question

Hello,

I am in the process updating my armor as I figured the first place I would start is the helmet due to a number of reason, the biggest is it was my first helmet I built and I did not do such a good as a job on it as I would have liked in retrospect that and its a FX helmet that seen better days.

The biggest question after going through the forum and reading threads on helmet sizes and getting somewhat conflicting statements and reading on what needed to move up in the ranks as they would say is a more accurate helmet, hope to go for it here and MEPD. Knowing this and knowing my head size, 22 inches around and a glasses wearer, I was looking at a RT-MOD helmet as I have tried on some of the other helmets mentioned in the threads and found them uncomfortable due to how claustrophobic they are or that I had major problems getting it off, I have actually had my head stuck in one at one time when trying on a friends. As I could wear my contacts, but again I have had some problems getting the helmets off as one I had to turn side ways and have apart of it press my eyeball into its socket to get off.

Any advice in this subject very much welcomed as I am staring at my FX helmet that just begging me to retire it as its seen better days.

Edited by Angeal

If you can find a CAP it might be good. Our squad XO has a self proclaimed giant head and he says the CAP fits him perfectly. Also, a buddy of mine, Redcoat, solved the glasses problem by actually attaching some lenses to the inside of his bucket. Maybe you can send him a PM or he can post some pics.

TE derived helmets are pretty much the same size and you can make them larger/smaller by how you build them. We once did a local comparo between an AP, a few TE2's, and an RT and the "largest" and "smallest" were both TE2, so... RT on average will be a little bigger than TE derived, but much again is how you build it.

If RT is not big enough, you can go MRCE or ANHv2.

I'm glad to see another trooper taking the first steps towards upgrading, especially someone who has been around for a while. :duim:

If you absolutely cannot see without glasses and contacts are not a viable option, a guy in my garrison had a set of TK helmet lenses ground to his prescription. I don't know how much he paid for that service, but that seems like the best solution of all.

As far as getting them on/off, the side-twist method is the screen-accurate way and it's how most of us get them on and off anyway. If you are accustomed to the roominess of the FX, a more accurate helmet will at first seem claustrophobic - it's simply a matter of getting used to it. I understand where you're coming from, though.To be honest, I've worn screen-accurate helmets for a few years now, and I still need a minute or so after putting mine on to calm myself before I can actually start trooping.

I also want to say that trying on someone else's helmet shouldn't be your basis for sizing. Remember, everyone is different and not everyone uses the same style padding in the inside of the buckets. This can all be customized to fit YOU once you do one for yourself. ESBTK.png

Edited by bobojuice

• 5 months later...

TE derived helmets are pretty much the same size and you can make them larger/smaller by how you build them. We once did a local comparo between an AP, a few TE2's, and an RT and the "largest" and "smallest" were both TE2, so... RT on average will be a little bigger than TE derived, but much again is how you build it.

If RT is not big enough, you can go MRCE or ANHv2.

What is an ANHv2 helmet?