Martin's TM ANH Stunt build [*TM]

MartinSivertsen

Thank you, Jennifer and Christian :)

Today I recieved a package from Paul (Troopermaster), containing a new thigh ammo belt and a few (screen accurate (of course)) split rivets, free of charge.

Paul is such an awesome guy and an invaluable asset to this community, I can't be more happy.

And he had already bent the belt!

b9oLO.jpg

ERiI4.jpg

One thing I noticed though, is that the new thigh ammo belt is a wee bit smaller than the previous one, and it must be in line with Pauls endless search for screen accuracy. The previous one was 5.1mm across the heigth of the box and the new one was 4.8mm.

Left: old, right: new.

EFR0C.jpg

Yesterday I recieved a bronze-resin casting of an M19 scope by TK4702, it's awesome.

It'll be a replacement for the doopydoos M38 scope that came with the E-11 kit.

I think I'll make it a project and try to make the M19 as accurate as possible, replacing screws and lenses.

2aPy0.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember your drop boxes.

If you have already assembled them with the elastic loops you will need to slot them onto the belt before attaching the end rivets.

My advice is to temporarily mount the plastic ammo section to your canvas belt using screws or bolts and then add the snaps, otherwise, it will be very difficult to add the sanps.

Make sure you mount the snaps to the MIDDLE of your canvas belt and not off center. The snaps on your abdomen want to be 20mm above the waist line that seperates your abdomen and cod plate.

Hey TM - what do you mean, mount the snaps to the middle of your belt and not off-center? What if they are a little off from the placement of the male snaps on the ab plate?

I haven't started this step yet... but would love some pictures of what you mean.

Thanks!

Seems like I'll have to take a few pics of the details on my suit, to show people what I've done and how it should be done ;) I'm in a cabin now, but I'll try to get a lot of pics uploaded on sunday.

Hey Daniel, below i show you a pic of my belt where the snaps are centered (right position):

komplettbelt.JPG

The male snaps on the ab plate must be mounted 20 mm over the contoured line.

Cheers

Hey TM - what do you mean, mount the snaps to the middle of your belt and not off-center? What if they are a little off from the placement of the male snaps on the ab plate?

I haven't started this step yet... but would love some pictures of what you mean.

Thanks!

The snaps should really be in the center of your belt. If you have to put them off center then you have put the male snaps on your ab plate in the wrong position.

If you want to get it right first time then put the female snaps in your belt first, making sure they are in the middle of each end ammo block just as Chriss has above. Then you can offer your belt up to your ab plate and see where to put the male snaps. I put mine at 20mm above the split line where the ab meets the cod, and find that usually gets the belt in the right position.

Don't try and get your belt face too tight across your ab plate as it will make snapping it on hard. Plus, the belt does not go straight across your waist. It tilts upwards slightly so leaving it loose will make it look and feel right :)

Here is a segment from local Student TV considreing unusal hobbies, where they interviewed me about 501st and having a stormtrooper costume: http://www.stv.no/co...t/webitem/1720/

@ 19:18, it's all in Norwegian though, but it turned out pretty decent I think. :)

And my buddy sent me a few pictures from a session in the studio.

51iJ4.jpg

NTeUB.jpg

YO0Mg.jpg

QzMtK.jpg

1TySD.jpg

Edited by MartinSivertsen

Thanks!

I hope you can understand at least something :P

Funny how swedes tend to have a hard time understanding Norwegian, but norwegians seem to understand swedish quite allright.

My in-laws and girlfriend are from northern sweden and moved to Norway 12 years ago, they still speak swedish amongst themselves, but my girlfriend speaks norwegian normally. I try to learn swedish and speak "svorsk" a bit when I am with them. :P

I think swedes are bad at norwegian mostly due to ignoring it, and not trying to understand. But on the other hand, I might be worse than most swedes. But I've improved a lot since joining the garrison and trooping with norwegians. :)

• 6 months later...