Confused a bit what kit

I have been looking through the forums to try and determin what TK armour I want but i am totally confused. I have decided that I want an ABS material.

So my next step should be to choose ANH, ESB or ROTJ is this right? which is the easier to do for a newbie? If I have got it right so far what are my next steps? I am 5ft 9" 196lbs

And just to make things a little more complicated I have just seen the black Armour and love it but don't recall seeing it any of the movies.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Neil

Edited by Darth Tater

Black armour is the shadow troopers.

Well ANH, ESB and ROTJ are all pretty much the same in terms of difficulty to put together. Go for what look you prefer. Main difference between ANH and ROTJ is the frown colour and the ROTJ armour has a sort of edge around the chest piece. Err. Have a look at the pictures and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Size wise, you'll be alright. I'm 5' 10" and 145lbs and with some cutting and trimming I made my armour fit well.

There's plenty of info on this forum to help you with anything you may need.

The easiest armor for a newbie is really RT. You can get the helmet pre-assembled and the armor is designed to just slot together and go. AM is next on the list as I think the thighs are harder to get right than RT. You pay a little more for RT, but if you want easy, there's no easier.

Well ANH, ESB and ROTJ are all pretty much the same in terms of difficulty to put together. Go for what look you prefer. Main difference between ANH and ROTJ is the frown colour and the ROTJ armour has a sort of edge around the chest piece. Err. Have a look at the pictures and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Size wise, you'll be alright. I'm 5' 10" and 145lbs and with some cutting and trimming I made my armour fit well.

There's plenty of info on this forum to help you with anything you may need.

Well ANH, ESB and ROTJ are all pretty much the same in terms of difficulty to put together. Go for what look you prefer. Main difference between ANH and ROTJ is the frown colour and the ROTJ armour has a sort of edge around the chest piece.

Also decals on the helmet ( traps, tears and tube stripes ), hand guards, blaster and holster.

Choosing a version is entirely up to you. I chose ANH because I like it a lot. And grey frown looks cool B)

Well it depends how confident you are with your hands. If you arn't too confident then get it trimmed, you'll probably still need to make alterations though. If you're pretty handy (no pun intended) then get untrimmed and just cut it out yourself.

ATA is cheaper than TM, but TM is considered one of the best looking suits out there.

I'm sure if you look around you'll find plenty of pictures of fellow troopers' armour. I have pics up somewhere around there parts.

Ricky I have been told that it is not to hard to trim yourself so will give it a go. I have contacted some members about armour etc so see what happens.

Neil

Oh it's certainly not hard, but some people, myself included, are a bit wary at first. It is just a case of cutting, scoring and snapping and sanding.

Well once you get your suit and you begin the fitting process, you'll have all the help you could need here.

If you can aford it, always go TM.

Just ask anyone in the "G" ;-)

Hi Matt,

Will have to wait and see.

Oh it's certainly not hard, but some people, myself included, are a bit wary at first. It is just a case of cutting, scoring and snapping and sanding.

Well once you get your suit and you begin the fitting process, you'll have all the help you could need here.

Thank you Ricky i am sure i will need it :laugh1:

I would say kits from these makers work quite well.

ATA abs.

AP abs

TM 2mm ABS

RT a little large for you... will require more work

AM a little large for you.. w.r.m.w.

I would say kits from these makers work quite well.

ATA abs.

AP abs

TM 2mm ABS

RT a little large for you... will require more work

AM a little large for you.. w.r.m.w.

I would concour with the above.