1mpulseS0D's Build Thread [*AP]

I'm in a quite tricky situation. Is it possible to complete the thighs without magnets? Else would these magnets do the trick since i can't get any rare earth magnets here.

http://www.clasohlso...px?id=164541316

They have a force of 0.9 kg, of course i will use clamps at the ends of the thigh but at the middle section?

Edited by 1mpulseS0D

Those Mathias linked to are awesome. I have 20 of them myself, and I still could need a few more!

I'm stacking them two on top of each other, feeling it has a little more pull, so I use four magnets each including clamps on the ends when gluing on finishing strips on arms and legs, just to keep the strip laying flush and nice against the seam.

• 3 weeks later...

So... There hasn't been too much work on the kit for a while now. Im in the painful progress of making snaps and snapplates :/ Hard work, I've also ordered some magnets so i can get my legs finished! Updates might come this week or next depending on when i get my magnets!

• 6 months later...

Back with some updates, my upper body is next to finished with strapping and all. All i need is to paint the buttons and attach them. The belt is still untouched. My current work is being done on the leg pieces. Hopefully they will be done in a couple of weeks, school takes up much time :/ One question i have about the shoulder straps though is if i still can get approved for EIB or Centurion if i use snaps to hold down the shoulderstraps, i have a hard time bending them and i don't want to ruin them. Since AP shoulderstraps comes unbent I'm clueless. Pictures of torso will come up soon :)

i would put all it in. But I didn't have to do this with mine. But don't worry, they aren't going to melt or anything, just get a little soft. I put my TD end caps in boiling water when I needed to fit them onto the pipe.

I bent the shoulder straps with some cooking water, everything went smoothly, glued them onto the chest and also added some snapplates to it for holding up the stomach/holding the back together. Pictures tomorrow when the E-6000 have dried and everything is in place :)

:jc_doublethumbup: Just joining in... looking good... :)

I hadn't thought or heard of the boiling water, but that's smart. I have a heat gun, but my hair dryer would have worked. See, you never stop learning new things!

I bet i placed the shoulder straps too far back :/

544712_3344727748429_1575816637_2646884_630167791_n.jpg

(If you compare my helmet to my older pictures, you will notice that i lowered the brow :))

575708_3344736468647_1575816637_2646886_1109089165_n.jpg

Is it acceptable or do i have to redo it? Really hoping that it is acceptable :)

EDIT:

I think i can spot some high sitting shoulderstraps in here somewhere :)

Specially on the one to the left in front. I hope it still is acceptable, atleast it is movie accurate :)

StormtrooperCorps_anh1080p.jpg

Edited by 1mpulseS0D