1mpulseS0D's Build Thread [*AP]

Yet again i ask about these rivets, would this be good positioning for placing them?

579198_3488763669237_1575816637_2702245_2108885047_n.jpg

Also, my left shin is looking better now?

535112_3524499722616_1575816637_2709133_1216087530_n.jpg

529319_3524501082650_1575816637_2709134_1597119441_n.jpg

542905_3524503162702_1575816637_2709136_2020006087_n.jpg

I still think it looks abit wonky, but thats maybe how it should look like, it's lined up though!

You may need to adjust the knee plate so that it's lined up properly on the horizontal plane, but I see you got the idea anyway, trying to follow the ridges on the shin. :duim:

And yes, the marks for the rivets look good too. Make sure that the trimmed edge is straight and smooth on the ab plate. It looks a little uneven now.

• 1 month later...

Not much left now :D

303557_3766074641838_1502119467_n.jpg

Thigh pack not attached yet..

I also need to make a neckseal..

Thermal detonator is not complete yet, i need to finish the metal strips..

Handguards are temporary attached with white elastic straps..

I'm still on the waitinglist for TK-Boots..

I'm still searching for the right material to make the holster..

Blaster will be bought when holster is done..

Other than that I'm on the track :D

Edited by 1mpulseS0D

• 7 months later...

It's been a while since last time, but now it's yet time to cross another thing of my list of to-dos before getting finished with my armor.

I turn 18 in about 2 weeks, and i thought i might get myself something nice.

Guess what got here way before schedule?

Doopydoo's E-11 Blaster Kit! :D

58202_4781833915185_300992276_n.jpg

Got the same feel as when my AP kit first arrived! Oh good how the hell am i going to pull this through :-D

I guess there is some buildthreads here that i could follow!

After my E-11 is finished i only have the thigh ammo belt, Thermal Detonator, Holster and Boots left to accuire/finish.

Soon i will be finished and finally getting to put on the last suit i'll ever wear, or something in that same feel :-D

• 1 year later...
One year later and I still have not acquired the courage to build my blaster :P So I have not been able to work on the holster either since I need the blaster for measurements! Anyone knows good materials for the holster and where to find it in Sweden? :)

I've just received my rubber hand guards, so that's some progress at least! They just need to be fastened to my gloves and then that is set. Anyone know a good glue to use for this?

And I'm currently waiting for a reply from the boot makers to get info about shipping and all that. So hopefully I will be on the waiting list or even got some boots ordered by next week! 

My thermal detonator is on it's way to become finished! Just need to touch up the plastic edges with some sandpaper and glue the panel on to the tube. The metal clips for it is also under construction!

After all this I only need to get a neck seal, which is easily homemade. Then it's just the hardest part left, strapping the suit so it fits nicely! Anyone that could guide me through that process to get some good troopable strapping? :)

• 3 months later...

A little update.

My boots are payed for and ready for shipping, probably 2-3 weeks until I get them.

Soon everything's finished! icon_smile.gif Just the small pieces left now!

List of what's left:

Attaching thigh ammo pack

Neck seal

Build the E-11 Blaster

Build a holster for the blaster

Put in better strapping

Soon :D

• 5 years later...

Just like Boba Fett crawls out of the Sarlacc pit, I am back from the dead! Life happened and everything has stood still for years. I have finally found the lost motivation, and the time to say the least to finally get back on track, and hopefully after 10 bloody years finish my TK!

As I dug out my armor from the box it's been sitting in, dusted off my bucket and managed to find my boots, I have noted the few things I have left to do to finish my armor. I aimed way to high when I started building my armor, aiming for the higher quality rankings to make sure the armor was as good as I could get it. Now, to begin with, I'm mainly aiming to get it approved!

To list the things that has to be done:
Assemble Doopydoos E-11 Blaster Kit
Get a holster (holster kit)
Make/purchase a neck seal
Attach the small ammo belt on right thigh
Attach strip of plastic on the back of my right shin (Because for some reason it's gone?? I have no idea where)
Build the thermal detonator (Need to purchase/make metal clips for it)
Attach a new button plate because the old one is real messed up due to mistakes and bad paint
Repaint painted details due to the color aging and turning yellow-ish
Fix yellowing on some parts of the armor due to it being stored away for a long time and plastic tends to yellow
Refit strapping and padding to make it a bit comfortable

Now, I assume a lot has happened since I last worked on this in 2014, so if anyone would like to bring me up to speed that would be really helpful! :D

Time to finish this!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...