1mpulseS0D's Build Thread [*AP]

Good start! A second layer is definitely recommended. Keep in mind though that any second coat will have a colour difference from the first coat, so you can't really do "spot touchups", you'll need to paint all of it in once you start in an area. But it's worth it.

Btw, more pics! :)

Edited by Locitus

Yeah, i thought so too. Of course i will paint the whole area when i do it :P As of right now, my fingers are hurting quite much after all cutting and snapping etc. but all i got left to cut out now is a calf, a forearm, a bicep, a thigh, the sniper plate, shoulder straps, the buttons for the ab plate and the belt and last but not least the thigh pouch. I will probably do it tonight, if my fingers have settled down by then :P

It partially is. Both have pros and cons. But your AP is too stiff to be a good candidate for the original strapping, and is missing some return edges you'd need to create yourself. The screws could make the armour crack because of it's stiffness.

Now the second layer of paint is on. Looks much better now! I think I'm ready to start painting all the black things on the helmet now. Is it enough to use a hairdryer when bending plastic? Because i don't own a heat gun.

Pictures of second layer of paint, all around the helmet.

267335_2078483653118_1575816637_2003774_6143750_n.jpg

224501_2078484373136_1575816637_2003777_455713_n.jpg

250158_2078483893124_1575816637_2003775_7946611_n.jpg

283515_2078484133130_1575816637_2003776_6588606_n.jpg

Looking good!

What is it you need to re-shape with a heat-gun/blow dryer? I guess it would be okey to use one, but it might take a long time to get the plastic up to temperature.

It's the plastic belt, the shoulder straps and the thigh boxes, i heard that they had a tendency to snap of, but that might just have been extreme cases with bad pulls or something. I just want to be on the safe side.

The belt around your waist can be pop-riveted to your cnavas belt (use washers!) like the originals were, and it'll flex with the belt. No need to heat bend it (I did - big mistake). same with the thigh boxes. You should need to heat bend those either. Only the shoulder bridges need that. If you glue them in the front and keep them free floating in the back it's unlikely that they will break off. :)

Ok, so i shouldn't have to heat bend any of the parts? I will glue the shoulder bridges to the front and then i would use some thin elastic to hold them down to the back, that would be pretty accurate?

Has anyone ever managed to break their Lexan Scissor whilst cutting in plastic? I just did :glare: I managed though to cut out everything so I'm done with the cutting, but still. The scissor just broke, weird!

Pictures coming soon!

Edited by 1mpulseS0D

No, but they need to have a hand painted look to them. TK-4510 aka trooperbay.com has them as decals, or stencils if you want to paint them anyway.

So the ones i got with the kit won't do it? Too bad :glare: Then I'll add it to the shopping cart of TK4510. Need a neckseal and S-shaped rubber for the helmet anyways :)

EDIT:

Now i changed my mind, I'll go with painting the tubestripes, found Arnold "sixxgun13"s' tutorial on how to paint tubestripes.

Edited by 1mpulseS0D