1mpulseS0D's Build Thread [*AP]

Since i have snap plates on the inside of my ab armour, would it be ok if i glued on the male snap on the outside right of the ab section? Or do i have to remove the snap plates on the inside and attatch it properly? The same goes with the rivets?

It does, but not so much. Try to align the sides of the knee plate with the ridges in the top of the shin. Like in your last picture, the plate could sit a bit higher, then to the same on the other side.

Now i might not be a master photographer, but does these lines on the belt look ok?

562236_3488036691063_1575816637_2701952_1404548400_n.jpg

Also, would this male snap be good for the right side of the ab section? Also should that side be on the outside of the armor?

398272_3488037011071_1575816637_2701953_968841821_n.jpg

Now that isn't a too good photo, but i hope you can see :)

Oh.. you were talking about that snap. It's supposed to point inwards.

I thought you were talking about the two snaps that hold the belt up....

Ouch, that stung.. But now that is a male snap right? On the CRL it doesn't say anywhere if it has to be facing inwards or outwards. I also found pictures of another trooper "Evolver79" who got his Centurion passed but as far as i can see that was a male snap, the same way i placed mine..

2011-07-10155502.jpg

http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=16140

Direct link to the Centurion thread

So if this ain't acceptable, I'd like the CRL to be updated to clarify that :)

Edited by 1mpulseS0D

It is a single male snap. It's used for a piece of elastic mounted on the inside of the kindney across the gap as a part of the system to close the armour around your body.

Some examples of other centurion guys who did it right:

IMG_7336.jpg

P1030396.jpg

photo51.jpg

And more importantly, how it was made on the real suits:

Ab_Kidney_Connection_02.jpg

You can find more reference pictures in this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10786

Oh.. you were talking about that snap. It's supposed to point inwards.

WHAT!? Oh snap. Mine faces out too. That's what I thought I saw in the reference photos. :P

Is this the right way of assembling the thigh piece?

485819_3492654526506_1575816637_2703759_305946258_n.jpg

The red line is where i would cut, but i think you would figure that out! :)

Also, could some mod change the title of this thread to "1mpulseS0D's Build Thread [*AP]" Thanks :)

You don't have to cut the red line if if you don't need to. It's only done for comfort. But otherwise it looks pretty good.

You should try making the holster its pretty easy. I followed a tutorial I found here on the FISD, and these prints. Spent $70 dollars on all the supplies but was able to make 5 holsters in all. Sold 2 of them to other forum users and broke even on it and helped out fellow troopers. It was also a great learning experience and I now have the confidence to many more leather projects down the line.

TM-ANHholster.jpg

TM-ANHdimensions.jpg