ANH v2 what is it?

gazmosis

I am just curious about this helmet that falls into the "not allowed" sections. What is its history and why exactly is it not allowed and does someone have photos that may very well be self explanatory? And could I ask anymore stinkin' questions in a row?

No. For centurion in both ANH and ESB, the requirements state that along with the FX and MR helmets the ANHv2 helmet are not allowed

TM is also a little bigger. Does not make it a recast. ANHv2 are made from the same guys that make OSCS clone armour if I recall correctly.

To my recollection the ANHv2 is an original sculpt but it is not as accurate as a TM or a screen-derived cast, in large part because it's symmetrical and larger than a screen-derived cast (but not as large as an FX).

While it's a great alternative to the FX especially for those who need the extra room, if you look at it next to a screen-derived helmet, it just looks . . . off. :huh:

I see.

Kev's helmet is self sculpted, no direct movie lineage. That's why.

I can say with certainty that Kevin's work is not recast *at all* and is indeed a 100% fan sculpt. I'm sure he'll take it as a compliment that you think it's recast, but you can go waaaay back to his v1 sculpts which he posted on the Legion boards to see that it's 100% recast free.

The reason it's not allowed for Centurion is that while the helmet looks great from a side shot, it looks a bit off when viewed direclty from the front. This is the same reason why MRCE is not allowed for Centurion - looks fine from the side but not quite right from the front. RT & TM are not 100% screen derived either, yet both work just fine for Centurion.

Well, with that said, I in no way meant to insult Kevin's character. Because the photos I viewed looked so much like something that was molded from a completed helmet only means this man has MAD sculpting skills. I have viewed in person his other clone projects and must tip my hat to his efforts. I just never knew the connection. Now I know.

Same crappy stuff as the old FX buckets.

That's the reason.

Unless you have done your own sculpting of helmets, don't insult people by calling it "crappy". At least Kevin has the balls to sculpt something on his own from scratch, and even though it might not be perfect, very few people have done the same. Give proper respect where it's due.

Hey come on. I know it's selfmade.yes.it was alot of work maybe but it's fact that it's way off.So as the the FX bucket is way off.

It's also selfmade and it was sure a lot of work to do it, yes.

But hey, you can call dog poo dog poo or say it's something not so nice which comes out of the end of a dog and smells not so nice.

Dog poo is dog poo. ;) Only give it a other name.

Dog poo is dog poo. ;) Only give it a other name.

Often-used quote from my wife: "Oftentimes it's not what you say, but how you say it."

Something to consider.

And with that I'm locking the thread. Stefan - there's a right way and an impolite way to provide constructive feedback. I'm very passionate about my dislike the FX helmet for instance, but if you're going to criticize you should be specific in what you don't like and what the person can do to correct it.