Cheap Fans

I spotted these fans over on the SLD forum. While I think I have the skills to whip something up like this I don't have anywhere near the time.

These fans seems more apropos for mounting in a hole in a vader helmet under the dome. The squirrel cage fans from TK-4261 are more TK-able, but two fans already wired up for $25 ain't bad. I'll probably buy a set to tide me over until 4261 makes mroe.... because I don't know if you've ever been here... it gets a little warm here on Hawai'i Island.

photo2ju.jpg

download.jpg

These fans look big.. but trust me

47073_1594327781022_1320756753_31582908_6418451_n.jpg

A lot more smaller than I expected. Overpriced and they're fragile. An accidental pull and one of the two will stop working. I really don't recommend them dry.gif

Thanks for the heads up Banano. I'll just wait for the next run of 4261's fans.

In the mean time would you be able to take a closeup of the label on that fan?

Aloha and thanks!

-Eric

I've been using a couple of these fans for my helmets. I've got them set up in my old TK bucket and my GF's Boushh bucket. They were about 6 bucks each or something.

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

This is my GF's Boushh fan setup with 3 fans set in a series. This can also be done with 2 fans also. The box with the switch is just a AA battery box that I drilled out and added the switch to. I used an old pair of headphone wires for the extra wiring.

IMG_0489.JPG

All in all, I think it was definitely under 25 bucks, and they do push quite a bit of air. Not as much as squirrel fans, but also not as loud.

Edited by bobojuice

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using a couple of these fans for my helmets. I've got them set up in my old TK bucket and my GF's Boushh bucket. They were about 6 bucks each or something.

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

This is my GF's Boushh fan setup with 3 fans set in a series. This can also be done with 2 fans also. The box with the switch is just a AA battery box that I drilled out and added the switch to. I used an old pair of headphone wires for the extra wiring.

IMG_0489.JPG

All in all, I think it was definitely under 25 bucks, and they do push quite a bit of air. Not as much as squirrel fans, but also not as loud.

Hey bobo, would it be possible to get a size reference pic of those fans?

EDIT: NM i am blind, there are clearly some AA batteries next to them :D

Edited by Zero4481

Hey bobo, would it be possible to get a size reference pic of those fans?

EDIT: NM i am blind, there are clearly some AA batteries next to them :D

They're 60mm fans.

Depending on where you place those fans, aren't they a little thick? I have one intake at the frown and two at the rear traps pointing out for exhaust. I needed them to be no more than 10mm thick or else my hair would go into the fans and stop the blades...even with metal screen over the fans.stormiehelmetinterior001.jpgstormiehelmetinterior002.jpg